Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 05-13-2020, 02:13 PM
Horror Fan

Exclamation VIDEO: Corpse 'waves' during COVID burial service!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/116054...-buried-alive/

Quote:
THIS is the creepy moment that a corpse appears to wave from inside a coffin.

The spooky incident was filmed during a burial service in the city of Manado in Indonesia on May 5 and sparked fears the victim may have been buried alive.

But as the camera zooms in on the coffin, the sinister outline of what appears to be a hand can faintly be seen moving under the casket's glass panel.

In the video, the priest is heard saying: "God has said in the book of John. I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me he will live even though he is dead.''

Just moments later, the so-called hand appears to wave or touch the lid of the coffin.

No one noticed at the time and the burial went ahead.

Shocked locals in Indonesia later expressed their confusion online.

One wrote: "Yes, he waved, maybe he was still alive and try to dig his way out."

Old 05-13-2020, 02:38 PM
Living Dead

Pretty scary, possibly rigor mortis?
Old 05-14-2020, 07:17 AM
This is a test

Creepy. It seems like the guy filming knew just when to zoom in. Funny the coffin has a window. Maybe common in Indonesia?
Old 05-14-2020, 07:47 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

"see ya, i would wanna be ya"
Old 05-14-2020, 09:19 AM
Living Dead

This coffin kinda reminds me of The Tomb of Ligeia (1964).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Creepy. It seems like the guy filming knew just when to zoom in. Funny the coffin has a window. Maybe common in Indonesia?
My guess is that the warm climate of Indonesia somewhat prevents families to have an "open-coffin" funeral. They can do so by putting the glass window so that the coffin is kinda open, but actually not open to the air. Perhaps that's the reason.
By the way, this kind of coffin (I mean, coffin with a window) was quite popular among the Victorians (they were pretty obsessed with death). It was patented by Almond Dunbar Frisk and it was to help people fight against the fears that accompanied them at the time (e.g. being buried alive and being dug up by body snatchers). He created Fisk Iron Coffin that enabled the deceased to be visible. This coffin was also made of iron so it was impossible to break into. It is worth mentioning that they were perfectly fitted, a bit like Egyptian sarcophagus, and they had a small glass window fit above the face for viewing. They weren't cheap so they were probably used only by wealthy families. Later, the form was changed to more box-like shape with two windows - one over the face and another one over the hands of the deceased. Coffins entirely made of glass were very popular in the late 1800s, I guess, especially when used for royalty... but it's just a digression, pardon me.

Last edited by Maila Munster; 05-14-2020 at 10:08 AM.