Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-23-2004, 05:54 AM
Banned

i agree. i don't think they meant for it to be nothing more than a fantasy/action flick. i think they did a good job
Old 10-23-2004, 05:59 AM
Scares Little Kids

and say what you will of the FX, but Sommers knows how to build a world. The entire look of the film is just the most visually rich chocolate cake of a film! Every shot is just amazing.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by wufong
idiots! van helsing was one of the main characters fron the novel dracula. he isn't a old universal character. honestly do yourselves a favour and read a book for once in ya lives.
lol@ van helsing was a guiy who got rid of demons.
van helsing was the old dude in dracula. who clued johnathan(sp). and all the others about dracula and how to kill him. if you people are to stupid to read a book go watch the movie with keanu reeves and hopkins. thats pretty close to the original dracula story.

I don't know how to read, asshole.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Banned

well that explains a lot
Old 10-24-2004, 12:49 AM
Evil Dead

YES!!! Thank you Cheeba.
"Hellsing" is the thing I'm talking about. NOT that stupid little direct-to-video 23 minute cartoon tie-in.

See, I don't know anything about "Hellsing," having never watched it. What I was hoping was someone out there would have seen it, understood the question I was asking and tell me that I was right in telling my idiot buddy to take a hike with his wild theories.

OBVIOUSLY "Van Helsing" was taken from Universal's classic horror line in the hopes of recharging old franchises. OBVIOUSLY Professor Van Helsing is from "Dracula," which I've read.

I was asking a very specific question.
Has anyone actually seen "Hellsing?" That's my real problem here, I haven't and really don't plan on it either.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:26 AM
Scares Little Kids

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood what you were asking. I haven't seen Hellsing yet, but plan to in the next week or so.
I also think it's safe to say there is no connection between Van Helsing and Hellsing.

Synopsis from Netflix....
A secret war is brewing in the twilight … a war in which humanity is only a pawn. The mysterious Hellsing Organization keeps to the shadows as they try to protect ordinary mortals from the legions of the undead that would prey upon them. But as ghouls and vampires multiply, Hellsing is forced to deploy its own secret weapon -- the rogue vampire Arucard!
Old 10-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Evil Dead

O.K., now we're getting somewhere.
I'll check out this thing so I can cut it and paste it and tell my friend to SHOVE IT!!!

thanks...you rule.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by wufong
well that explains a lot

But it does not explain why you stay here when no one likes you...........
Old 10-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Hellraiser

ok van helsing is based off the japanese cartoon van helking. it is the same charactors and everything. they were going to release it to america but failed in the process of changing the language. so after that the whole thing colapsed and then they just started to play reruns all the time. so your friend is right. and you all are right too, cuz van helsing was the shittiest movies i have ever seen.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Evil Dead

whoa.....what?.....shit...really???

Goddamn....o.k., but now this looks like we're talking about 2 different anime movies.
"Van Helking" and "Hellsing"

Well, now I'm thoroughly confused. O.K., well thanks for the help there. Probably wasn't such a big deal to begin with.

Oh, and yeah...."Van Helsing"--the big budget American movie was probably about the worst thing I've seen all year.