Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Evil Dead

Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead (1994)

I didn't think was as good as Sequel, I did find some part of this movie just bit better then first.

I really enjoyed how the movie started off, was really good, there a few good decent scare scenes at the start.

I thought it was great to start this movie however the movies soon dies down and takes it's while for it's to get going again.

There few scenes that enjoyed but it shame the scene before and after a little bit dull, I didn't really like that more people got involved

even for few seconds I thought I was watch Home Alone Horror style, when added the new kid to the movie , I wasn't sure were the plot was going in this one, it all come together in the end.

Near the end of the movie, I was only really half watching, So overall

it's not were near as good as the second movie, i found some part of the movie better then first.

The acting in this movie from some of the cast is really wooden at times,

6 out of 10
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Blake's knowledge of Batman. Someone else brought this up too - Why does Blake know so much about Batman? How is it that he figured out the Batman/Bruce Wayne connection and Gordon never did? I actually didn't take objection to the end of the movie, but what brought Blake there? I just found it sort of odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
They could have ended with Blake chancing upon the Batcave and left it there (how the hell does Blake know such a lot about The Batman anyway? Even Gordon doesn't know stuff which Blake does!)

SPOILERS!!

I guess I'll jump into the superhero thing again. Blake knows about Batman because they are the same. There is that whole scene when Blake goes to the mansion and tells Bruce that they are both orphans. How he recognized Bruce's act when he visited once. Blake is also a detective even though he starts off as a cop. This is Nolan's version of the Robin origin story without having the normal/seen before origin. We even have the scene with them together in the car. And the scene with Blake being against guns, if him being Robin wasn't already obvious. And Blake gets to the Batcave from what Bruce left in his will. It had the coordinates and gear if I recall correctly. Of course, being Batman is a whole other thing. If we assume Blake is early 20s, then he has a lot of time to train. But that is one of the problems I have with the movie as I mentioned in my last post.

Why Gordon doesn't put together Batman as Bruce Wayne even though they both disappear at the same time is just one of those comic things. No one puts together Superman as Clark Kent either even though they look the same.

Back to horror.

Sometimes They Come Back…for More.

Terrible. Usually, I'll struggle through a bad movie while eating. But this was so bad I just tuned out. Trimming my pet's nails were more interesting than this movie. Especially once something happened to one of the main characters. A very low rent The Thing without the tension, music, acting, and you are close to what this movie is. Add in a stupid twist and you have a really bad movie. Maybe I needed to see the earlier movies to get into it.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
SPOILERS!!

And Blake gets to the Batcave from what Bruce left in his will. It had the coordinates and gear if I recall correctly.

Oh, I missed that somehow (I'm an old lady and I think it was late when the movie finally ended ;)) - Thanks. It seemed kinda random to me and that makes a WHOLE lot more sense now.

In terms of Gordon, I get the "comic book thing" to an extent, but I feel as though the Batman movies take themselves so seriously that I have a hard time saying, "Oh, it's a comic book thing, that's why." Know what I mean?

Another thing that irked me was this concept that Batman wanted to be an everyman. He offhand says "Anyone can be Batman." Which is a cool concept in theory, but NO, NOT ANYONE CAN BE BATMAN. A lot of what the movie has to do with is the divide between the rich and the poor and that, among other things, is why not everyone can be Batman. Part of what makes Batman Batman is his "wonderful toys," his insane technology from tools to suit. Not just anyone could afford to become the Batman. Sort of like Ironman, he kinda bought who he was (if you want to think about it in an incredibly jaded sort of way).

That's what I liked about Blake. I thought that he was a true everyman hero - No guns, no toys, just a good guy... But I guess if he inherits the Bat Fortune... (I think you see where I'm going with this)...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
watched Olaf Ittenbach's sick and twisted No Reason - heres a review

Also saw Looper. Enjoyed it a good deal!

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM
dEadDollY

hummmm.....

Just watched DEAD GIRL. It was ok.

Also finally saw TEETH. Loved it.

Highly recommend the Spanish film KIDNAPPED. More of a thriller, but very well done.

I'm planning to see TCM 3D this weekend. It looks stupid, but I'm a die-hard TCM devotee.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:47 PM
For Vendetta

Not what I was expecting 40 minutes into the film. The second twist 20 minutes before the end was predictable, though.

Pretty cool way of showing the opening credits.

If the rest of the film was it's real purpose, why the first 40 minutes?

From the director of Martyrs comes...an unexpected film. Not sure if I can classify it under a particular genre, since it has such a strong sociopathic message underlined throughout the film. I won't spoil things by describing anything, but horror fans (specially hardcore ones) will be disappointed. For those who are on the lookout for something different, well, here's something different for you. Personally, I am in the former league so yes, I ended up disappointed. If only I didn't have totally different expectations from this one.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Timo Rose's Beast

pretty boring film. -Review

has anyone seen KB7 Mutation?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Lawless:

For the 1st time since I watched it in the cinema. I think I enjoyed it a little more this time as I wasn't disappointed in amount of screen time Shia LaBoef got (and too be honest he wasn't that bad).

Hardy is excellent as usually but looks a little odd as a steroid fuelled fireplug in his 20's cardigan and tanktop. Guy Pearce is great as he chews the scenary as the comic book fed. Amazing soundtrack too...
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Pirate of Bengal

John Dies at the End (2012)

Though I guess they bit dragged the ending but overall it was a pretty fun & fantastic one hell of a beautiful bizarre trip from Don Coscarelli!

>>: A-

247 Degrees Fahrenheit (2011)

>>: C-
Old 01-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Ax Murderer

I watched "Wolf Creek" last night. Highly disappointed.

AmishHacker

Tags
movie