Old 12-31-2017, 09:04 PM
Evil Dead

Just remembered the fourth one is turning 10 in 2018. How time has flown, sure doesn't feel like it's going to be a decade since. I still remember the hype very well.

I wonder if we'll finally get some news on the fifth film this year, after Ready Player One (which so far looks great). With the fifth film set for release in 2020 and only two years away, I'd imagine pre-production will begin sometime this year.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:16 PM
Evil Dead

Indy 5 recently was announced as being one of Spielberg's next, good to hear something concrete is finally underway.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:52 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
Indy 5 recently was announced as being one of Spielberg's next, good to hear something concrete is finally underway.
Yeah, very cool. Sounds like Harrison will be the star. I'd just assume they do one of two things: One, just make Ford the star throughout, and not try to introduce a young replacement... and then kill off Ford, or leave him in a University. Or two, just star a new young actor as Indiana Jones, or give him a new name, I don't care. One of the two.

Quote:
BY RIANNE HOUGHTON
27 SEPTEMBER 2017

There are now three years to wait until the next Indiana Jones arrives, so we're going to take every little morsel about the film that we can.

Thankfully, Harrison Ford is happy to oblige on that front, and has been busy teasing a few details about the upcoming sequel to Graham Norton.

Appearing on this week's Graham Norton Show, Harrison revealed that the updated release date is locked in and that it's going to be "great". That's a relief.

Teasing the direction for the movie, Harrison confirmed that number five will revisit the intrepid explorer now that he's a little older.

"I'm looking forward to working with Steven [Spielberg] again and to revisiting the character later in life," he explained. "It's interesting to see it in a different light.

"It will be fun and a good thing to do."

Some fans will be pleased to hear that the film's "different light" won't be including Shia LaBeouf as Indy's son-turned-sidekick. (Sorry, Crystal Skull fans.)

"Harrison plays Indiana Jones, that I can certainly say, and the Shia LaBeouf character is not in the film," screenwriter David Koepp confirmed earlier this month.

While Koepp is clearly not a Crystal Skull fan, Spielberg himself is, apparently, as he recently revealed that his least favourite Indiana Jones instalment is actually Temple of Doom(!).

Old 02-08-2018, 06:08 PM
Evil Dead

It's a shame Spielberg is so down on Temple Of Doom. With that movie he was clearly firing on all cylinders. Last Crusade has such a by the numbers feel to it by comparison, like he just wanted to please the masses who hated TOD and felt it was too dark or graphic.

It'd be great for 5 to be more like TOD with a darker tone and more Horror-oriented storyline. Also bringing back the pulpy style that was sadly missing from TLC and Crystal Skull. One of the things I love about Raiders and especially TOD is the pulpy style which really makes them feel like the vintage adventure serials that inspired the character in the first place. TOD had that plus a distinct EC Comics feel and style as well.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:12 PM
ventricle

Quote:
It's a shame Spielberg is so down on Temple Of Doom. With that movie he was clearly firing on all cylinders. Last Crusade has such a by the numbers feel to it by comparison, like he just wanted to please the masses who hated TOD and felt it was too dark or graphic.

It'd be great for 5 to be more like TOD with a darker tone and more Horror-oriented storyline. Also bringing back the pulpy style that was sadly missing from TLC and Crystal Skull. One of the things I love about Raiders and especially TOD is the pulpy style which really makes them feel like the vintage adventure serials that inspired the character in the first place. TOD had that plus a distinct EC Comics feel and style as well.
Spielberg definitely needs to bring back the pulpy, serial adventure style of Raiders and TOD, and keep it very serious -- let any humor come out of nowhere.

I don't know if it will be a Lucas story; do you? I read in June 2016 "Marshall has stated that the film would be a continuation of the events following Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."... you know whatever that means. And that Lucas will be Ex Producer. Some guy named Koepp is writing it, but I don't know if that means story and screenplay, or just screenplay. Hard to know what to expect.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Evil Dead

No idea. I just hope the script are more up to par with the first two movies. The final film should end the series on a high note and having this film a return to form of the pulpy style with a more serious tone with humor that comes naturally is the way to go. While I enjoy Last Crusade, I disliked how it was deliberately campy and comical, wheras in the other films the humor came naturally out of the situations at hand.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:14 PM
Evil Dead

Indy 5 is confirmed to begin filming next year. Very excited and after how good Ready Player One turned out, Spielberg no doubt has it in him for another.

Posted my ranking before, but:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

Controversial, I know. While I still enjoy Last Crusade, it's too slapsticky and feels too much like Raiders 2.0 for my tastes, whereas the others in the series are more unique.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:46 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Indy 5 is confirmed to begin filming next year. Very excited and after how good Ready Player One turned out, Spielberg no doubt has it in him for another.

Posted my ranking before, but:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

Controversial, I know. While I still enjoy Last Crusade, it's too slapsticky and feels too much like Raiders 2.0 for my tastes, whereas the others in the series are more unique.
Filming starts next year? That's great!

If you are ever able to find out who wrote the story (as opposed to screenplay), let me know. I'm very curious. So far all the stories have been from Lucas, but others turned those into screenplays. It would be weird if the story wasn't from Lucas... it would be like the new Star Wars films that are not taken from a Lucas written story. You know how weird those can be.

This new Indy 5 film's screenwriter is David Koepp, who has written (that is the screenplay, not necessarily the story):
"Jurassic Park (1993), The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997), and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008); the action spy films Mission: Impossible (1996) and Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014); the superhero film Spider-Man (2002); the sci-fi disaster film War of the Worlds (2005) and the mystery thriller Angels & Demons (2009). Koepp has directed six films over the course of his career: The Trigger Effect (1996), Stir of Echoes (1999), Secret Window (2004), Ghost Town (2008), Premium Rush (2012), and Mortdecai (2015)."

And I can't believe you like Doom better than Raiders! You crazy!

I don't remember Skulls very well, so I'd rate them:

1. Raiders
~a vast chasm~
2. Doom
3. Crusade
4. Skull

Old 04-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Evil Dead

I actually think Raiders is the best one in many ways and I'd never argue it being ranked number one, but Temple Of Doom is the most entertaining for me. I usually never distinquish between best and favorite although I sort of do with the first two Indy films; the original is the best but TOD is my favorite.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:00 PM
ventricle

Quote:
I actually think Raiders is the best one in many ways and I'd never argue it being ranked number one, but Temple Of Doom is the most entertaining for me. I usually never distinquish between best and favorite although I sort of do with the first two Indy films; the original is the best but TOD is my favorite.