Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

View Poll Results: How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
0-5 23 62.16%
6-9 11 29.73%
10-13 1 2.70%
14 and up 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Fascist Zombie

Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
Quote:
It was a lonesome night, everyone was fast asleep, I was playing in the hallway, the tv was on in one of the bedrooms, and I could see it from across the hall.....The second I saw the images of dead girls all bloody in the hallway, to the black guy getting axed, I was in shock....the film is....The Shining when I was 6.
You are so lucky...man , I wish that was my first horror movie.

My first was a movie called 'magic'(or magik?) with Anthony Hopkins when I was 5. About a ventriliquist dummy that comes to life and stabs people, or something. I snuck out of my room while my parents had friends over. It was on HBO way back when having cable was a huge deal. So they were watching it, and I watched it from the hallway behind them. It fucked me up forever. I had two of those dummies in my room, so needless to say, my dreams of being a ventriliquist were over. But my need to feel frightened just kept growing.

I think my second was Rats or Frogs. One of those giant reptile/animal disaster pics.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
I started watching Horror movies when I was 5 years old in 1966 and I havent not stopped yet. Damn I hope I am not sick
Old 02-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally posted by TheOmen
You are so lucky...man , I wish that was my first horror movie.

My first was a movie called 'magic'(or magik?) with Anthony Hopkins when I was 5. About a ventriliquist dummy that comes to life and stabs people, or something. I snuck out of my room while my parents had friends over. It was on HBO way back when having cable was a huge deal. So they were watching it, and I watched it from the hallway behind them. It fucked me up forever. I had two of those dummies in my room, so needless to say, my dreams of being a ventriliquist were over. But my need to feel frightened just kept growing.

I think my second was Rats or Frogs. One of those giant reptile/animal disaster pics.
ventriloquist tee-pee for my bunghole
Old 02-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Evil Dead

How Old Were You When You Saw Your First Horror Movie

I was six when Ifirst saw Christopher Lee in Dracula on TV .The first time Iwas genuinely scared by a film was when Iwas 8 in 1975. My Dad let me have an afternoon off school and he took me to see JAWS. I will never forget the experience as for it's time and considering my age JAWS was an amazing film. The sheer terror of the opening sequence, the jump out of your seat moment of the head in the sunken boat and the gruelling demise of Quint have lived with me ever since. The only other film to have such an effect on me was The Exorcist which I saw when Iwas 15 in a virtually empty cinema on a particularly horrible winters night.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Ninja Wizard

Send a message via AIM to Death By Jell-O Send a message via Yahoo to Death By Jell-O
I believe the first horror flick I saw was Psycho when I was about 5 or 6.....

Quote:
Originally Stolen From UrgeOK
Standard Disclaimer.

we the undersigned realize that a woman is a complete being - not a group of individual parts.
We enjoy every aspects of the women and respect them as people. Any mention of specific bodyparts does not diminish this fact.

thank you, the management.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Evil Dead

I remember going to see the Exorcist in 73 and I was very impressed by it but not for the reasons you might think. I liked how they did the floating lady Illusion in the movie and the only thing missing was a hoop. But yeah very effective spfx. But I still prefer the Omen
Old 02-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Evil Dead

when i was one i saw poltagiest and i was runing a round saying its going to pull me in side the t.v AAAHHHHh...

and when i was 2 or 3 i saw pupert master and evil dead,
horror movies where scary back then.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Evil Dead

What the heck is Pupert Master? LOL