Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by filmmaker2
I don't understand it at all...I get such a fine experience out of that movie...

...The closest I can figure is, the people who don't like it are after some kind of "meaningfulness" that the film is not interested in offering. It's a straight action film, about as amoral as an action film gets, so I suppose that's what confuses people. The way the story is laid out, there technically aren't any good guys or bad guys, just groups battling for survival.

naw that wasnt it for me ..

it was the feel of the film .. the villians were goofy - it just didnt have a 'flow' to it ...

i LOVE Con Air for example ... nothing brilliant there - just fun characters ..

i didnt like anyone on Ghosts of Mars.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Dude, the best part of the film is the Martian Leader guy standing on the wall shouting "Yahh! Yahh! Aggaballagallaba! Mallagallballabbahhhh! Yahh!"

Although I have to say, that movie was a waste of Pam Grier. She gets killed so quick! And she's the one with the action film resume!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by filmmaker2
Dude, the best part of the film is the Martian Leader guy standing on the wall shouting "Yahh! Yahh! Aggaballagallaba! Mallagallballabbahhhh! Yahh!"

Although I have to say, that movie was a waste of Pam Grier. She gets killed so quick! And she's the one with the action film resume!
and the nice big t.........

sorry ... got thinking about my Pammy and got a little crazy there.

(she's been turning me on since the 70s)
Old 06-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Well that sort of goes without saying. I used to go out with a chick who looked a lot like Pam Grier. OMG!!!!! She was too much. And she had the, uhm, the "attributes." OMG!!!!! Nice girl. Sweet girl! Until you pissed her off by accident, and then she would turn into Foxy Brown and start kicking ass.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:51 AM
Misanthrope

Great film... James Woods is fucking cool in it. But I've liked everything Carpenter has put out (except that shitty Invisible Man movie with Chevy Chase). Sure his new stuff isn't as good as his earlier work I still find it really enjoyable. Great B-Movie fun.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:28 AM
Banned

Hmmpf! Yet another Carpenter crap heap! Dreadful film, as most of his have been for the last 16 years or so.

James Woods deserves better.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
Hmmpf! Yet another Carpenter crap heap! Dreadful film, as most of his have been for the last 16 years or so.

James Woods deserves better.
..can agree with you that Carpenter hasnt made anything good for a long long time.....but I dont think "John Carpenter's Vampires" is his worst....
Old 06-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Misanthrope

Bah! I still think he's great.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok

i LOVE Con Air for example ... nothing brilliant there - just fun characters ..
You too, huh? That is a guilty pleasure of mine (well, I have a lot of those, I like a lot of crap to be honest...heh).

I didn't like Ghosts of Mars either. It bored me. And this is coming from someone that, on occasion, can be embarrassingly easy to entertain. :p
Old 06-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Banned

"Con Air" is great stuff. Yes it may be cheesy and over the top...but it plays to those aspects and it's brilliantly made and perfromed. It's not a 'bad' film at all. It's actually a wonderful example of it's kind.

Stuff like "Vampires", "Ghosts of Mars" etc etc are just awful films full stop...there is no guilty pleasure aspect and "Con-Air" is a millions miles away from such efforts.

Last edited by 42ndStreetFreak; 06-13-2005 at 12:34 AM.