Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-22-2015, 06:14 AM
BestHorrorBooks

Post I started a site about my favorite Horror books! What horror books do you recommend?

Hello, as the title say:
I just made a website about my top favorite Horror Books. What horror books do you like and recommend? :)

http://besthorrorbooks.net/
Old 09-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Scares Little Kids

Post Nice website

Good luck with the website! I've already read all 20 articles you posted :P
If I were to recommend you a book...well...as a matter of fact I have three recommendations...
(1) 'The Turn of the Screw' by Henry James - my all time favorite ghost story
(2) 'Misery' by Stephen King - there is an movie made after the book which is pretty good...James Caan and Kathy Bates
(3) 'The Painted Bird' by Jerzy Kosinski - one of the most powerful books I've ever read
Old 09-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Evil Dead

Two to add for you audio list. Joe Schreiber's Chasing the Dead is a great story and the audio version is very good too. The first three Felix Castor novels are audio and the guy who reads them does a fantastic job. The Devil You Know, Vicious Circle, and Dead Man's Boots. The series is a lot of fun.

Another suggestion/observation. Dean Koontz shouldn't be listed in any sort of best of list. :P

Also if you're going to link where to buy books I think it would be good if you'd link people to somewhere else besides amazon/website owned by amazon. Everybody knows it. And if its a small press book then link to the book's publisher.

Last edited by TheBossInTheWall; 09-12-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:50 PM
Little Boo

I read a book last week that is NOT a scary story....but it scared the hell out of me. It was "The Good Clean Dark: African American Near Death Experiences."

You talk about real life being scarier than fiction! Some of the people in that book went to hell and their experiences really scared me. I haven't been able to stop thinking about where I'm going to end up after I die. I don't want to be in hell, I tell you that.

Anything by Stephen King is what I would recommend for scary books. He never disappoints.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Horror Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
Anything by Stephen King is what I would recommend for scary books. He never disappoints.
I can definitely agree there. At least, so far. I can't say I've read everything he's ever written, but I've liked everything I've read so far. Under the Dome was great. Too bad they butchered it in the TV series. lol

"I've walked through life with a very strange companion." -- Jake Whittaker, "The Owl"

Buy "Pleasant Nightmares"

Follow me on Tumblr

Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Facebook

Tags
audiobooks, besthorrorbooks, books, horror, scary