Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Midnight Mass

Did anyone see Midnight Mass? It recently hit DVD and I thought it was horrible. One of the worst vampire movies I've seen in a while. I'm interested in other's thoughts about this. Basically, I'm daring someone to defend it.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:58 AM
Hellraiser

I haven't seen it. To be honest, I'm not big fan of vampire movies. Most of them seem so formula, and I'm not big on Anne Rice-type stuff.

Anyone like "Midnight Mass", or have any recommendations on good, interesting vampire movies?
Old 10-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Near Dark is a very good, non-typical vampire flick. Cronos is another unusual one. Then there's From Dusk Till Dawn, Fright Night and the Vampire Hunter D flicks. And you can't go wrong with The Lost Boys. Those are the best that I could come up with off the top of my head.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
What about the one that George Romero did about the little boy vampire? I think it was called Martin.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony
What about the one that George Romero did about the little boy vampire? I think it was called Martin.
That was a weird movie. It's the only Romero movie I couldn't get into. Just my opinion though.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:54 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony
Holy crap! I forgot about "Martin". I actually liked it, so maybe I'm a freak. :D That was the one where the guy believed he was a vampire, but you never know for sure if he actually was one.

I liked "From Dusk Till Dawn". I actually liked "Blade", too. Vampire movies are okay so long as they're brutal and nasty or really campy-good.

Has anyone here seen "Perdita Durango"? It's not really a vampire or horror movie, but it has some magical references in it. It's an interesting movie.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:06 PM
Evil Dead

Not really into Vampire Flicks myself. But I can name tons of vampire flicks that sucked major ass..
Old 10-05-2003, 05:04 PM
Hellraiser

I work at BlockBuster so I kind of get the cake when it comes to renting movies and the like. But Midnight Mass was awful as far as production and acting in my opinion. To be honest...the general storyline they had going was a great idea, but only to a certain point. After a while it just got too personal with the priest and the "rogue priest that returns to his hometown" deal, kind of ruined the story for me.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Cryptkeeper

The whole movie kinda ruined the story for me.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:31 AM
Hellraiser

"Cronos" just came out on DVD, great movie from a great director that will hopefully get noticed by many with "Hellboy".

"Near Dark" is a classic in the genre, while never mentioning the word "vampire".

"Blade" is more 50/50 as far as action/horror but it was still a good movie nonetheless.

"Martin" was sorta goofy, but still good.

"Interview With a Vampire" was good, although to many that's blasphemy.

Coppola's "Dracula" was great, Oldman was awesome as usual.

And for cheesy fun (or not) check out Frankenstein vs. Dracula from the 70's.