Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-16-2004, 04:32 AM
Fear scented candle

Quake

Anyone think the Original Quake is a classic?

It has been one of my favorite games, hands down. i always loved the dark, medival techno-goth feel, the sounds and music by the almighty Trent, and the monsters are just crantastic.

I always liked that you could tell that the people who made Doom made Quake, but it was very much it's own beast. There is nothing like playing quake with the sound cranked and the lights off. Then a Fiend comes barreling after you in a strobing hallway... :)

And those damn zombies always freaked me out.... You hear moaning, then quiet, then Splat as the things threw body parts they ripped off themselves.....
Old 04-16-2004, 04:17 PM
Post-Moderation

Agreed. I REALLY didnt care for the second and third ones, as they focused less and less on atmosphere and mood and more on multiplayer deathmatch, which is fun in its own right, but gets quite old.

The first quake owned, and STILL owns. And Trent really did bring it alive, cant wait to hear his work on Doom 3. Thats gonna be amazing.