Old 12-03-2011, 12:00 AM
No, fuck YOU

About your spoiler, Elvis.

Yes, that's one of the things that annoys me about the sport.

The smaller guy who spend the entire match lying on his back defending himself can actually win the fight. I find it utterly boring to watch.

GET UP AND FIGHT, MAN!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Misanthrope

Haha I hear you but the tactical approach seems pretty interesting.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 AM
That fucking Guy...

Immortals.
This movie seems to be getting a lot of negative feedback, but I thought it looked alright in the trailer, we got cheap tickets to a 3d session so we went along.
Holy fuck, what a voilent movie...makes the often-compared 300 look particularly tame. Personally I thought the fight scenes were a bit closer to the "Spartacus" series, all the same though yeah, gruesome.
The storyline was ok, and while a lot I've read has people picking it to peices, I think they're quick to forget the quality of other films of this kind.
It's not astoundingly well written though it's entertaining, fairly solidly played by the range of actors involved, and personally I thought Rourkes "villain" was the best role he's played in years...
I actually LIKED the 3d this time, it usually annoys me but nope I thought it was done particularly well, probably comparable only to Avatar.
It's an epic two hour long battle, I was entertained.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

The Devils (1971)

I've heard a lot about The Devils throughout the years, but nothing I heard about it could prepare me for the experience of seeing it.

Visually this film is a constant barrage of the most perverse and striking imagery imaginable. It paints a savage portrait of pain and suffering. The entire design of the film is absurd and over the top, the sets are outlandish and reflect the insanity of that period of time.

A scathing review of the disturbing potentialities of organized religion, The Devils is unlike any film I've ever seen. Endlessly disturbing and hallucinatory. A spectacle of atrocity and intolerance.

10/10
Old 12-03-2011, 07:40 PM
mostly ghostly?

^ Fuck yes.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Misanthrope

Held off watching this because I was dubious and really didn't want to see my childhood pissed on... after all this was one of the films that steered me into becoming a horror fan. Colin Farrell was better than I was expecting but whoever decided to turn the character of Peter Vincent into a dipshit Goth Russell Brand should have their ass kicked, the film would've been almost passable if they ditched that dumb idea. The remake really lacked the subtlety in balancing the mix of horror and comedy finding itself coming across as moronic for most of it's running time. Big dumb disposable Hollywood fare all the way here. Chris Sarandon's cameo got a laugh out of me and despite a few cringe worthy moments it is a fairly entertaining film but ultimately forgettable and not a patch on the classic original.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I'll give it a watch but never really expected it to hold up to the original

Last edited by _____V_____; 01-05-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned

^ sounds like the usual remake story

just watched scanners and original planet of the apes for first time ,catchin up wiyh a bit of history
Old 12-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I'll give it a watch but never really expected it to hold up to the original
Weirdly enough it's got a lot of really positive reviews so I was expecting something a lot better.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Weirdly enough it's got a lot of really positive reviews so I was expecting something a lot better.
I kinda liked it - I didn't expect much and was drinking cider which is prety much the best state of mind to approach Hollywood films these days.