Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-06-2010, 11:19 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

FROZEN

Go see it! Not a horror film, but a tight suspense tale told well. A white-knuckler.

8/10

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Session 9. It was great.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
FROZEN

Go see it! Not a horror film, but a tight suspense tale told well. A white-knuckler.

8/10
Hey Stranger:)

Surrogates-it was ok, much more sad than I was expecting, definitely wasn't expecting to cry through most of it
Old 02-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Blood Creek (2009)

>>: B-

Couples Retreat (2009)

>>: B-
Old 02-07-2010, 02:32 AM
Bad Natured

The Woodsman (2004). How do you make a great movie starting with difficult subject matter? Apparently, you cast Kevin Bacon. This awkward flick revolves around a recently paroled child molester, enough to ward off the most fanatic of movie goers. That he does a sublime job with his portrayal of a man whose demons are just below the surface is incredible. His character is like that of a remorseful yet stony statue that threatens to go rogue at any second. His was not the only great performance. In fact, the whole cast is wonderful. i think that one of my favs was Mos Def as the intruding cop. The fairytale scene was magnificent in its portrayal. The story here was perfect, the direction solid, and the camera-work effective. The subject matter: icky, and presented with a directionless moral compass. Ashe.
derek

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:42 AM
Midnight toker

District 9. First watch. Heard some negative stuff about this one, some positive, so didn't really know what to expect. You can stick me on the positive feedback pile though, thought it was quality.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:15 AM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
Hey Stranger:)

Surrogates-it was ok, much more sad than I was expecting, definitely wasn't expecting to cry through most of it

First you made me laugh then you made me feel really sad the fact that you cried through surrogates. ooohhhh. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 02-07-2010, 06:22 AM
She's under the stairs

I've watched heaps of flicks since I posted last, anyway, a few I watched this week.

Funny people.

I can't remember the directors name, so there is my point. It's the last time I watch one of your fucking movies mate, I said that before but then gave in when someone else was watching knocked up and then this time thought I would give it a shot as I .like some of Sandlers recent work. But look, just stay the fuck away from me, ok!

3/10

Moon

This was so much better than I expected. The first time I saw a trailer for it, the trailer was shit, so I stayed clear, but Sam Rockwell was awesome, I don't think he got a nomination though?

8/10

Super Hi ME

Fucking crap man, so glad I wasn't stoned while watching this, it would have bored me even more. I couldn't watch it to the end.

1/10

Breaker Morant

Brilliant flick, full of morals and all from a long forgotten war. I'm sure a lot of people here haven't seen it as it's an old Australian flick from the 80's and probably doesn't interest you, a war you were not part of, but the meanings behind it all are worth you watching.

9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha

Last edited by Disease; 02-07-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Witness for the Prosecution (1957)

Might have had too high expectations...still a great film, but compared to some of Wilder's other flicks I just wasn't as engrossed as I usually am with his work. Loved the ending though (how could you not?).
Old 02-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
The Wrestler
Children of Men