Old 02-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Hellraiser

Legacy Of Kain Series

Agree or Disagree

The Legacy of Kain Series is one of the BEST video game series out there, with Defiance being the best game in the series. I LOVE those games. A great and interesting story that always leaves you guessing at the end of each game and fighting in Defiance is SO fun. So......... agree or disagree.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Shade
Agreed! I adore Defiance! I'd always loved both Kain and Rosel, never wanted to play just one for the whole game and now-::Lifts Defiance over her head as angelic voices sing in the background.::
Old 02-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
I liked the plots of the game, but fighting got kind of tedious... It was just doing the same thing over and over again and the guards just took forever to die... The story was great, most of the puzzles were pretty challenging... The lighting was kinda of terrible in some of them (for minutes on end I thought I was travelling somewhere, but it turned out that I was running straight into a freaking corner)...

I haven't played Defiance yet, But the last one I played (SR2) was pretty nice... I especially liked how you could read the script and watch recording sessions and bloopers...

The plot in SR2 was pretty mindboggling at first because I hadn't played SR1 or BO1, but I managed to grasp the bulk of it... As I recall, my favorite FMV (series of which, actually) was the one where Raziel has his wings torn off and is cast into that vortex, ending up burned, blue, and missing a mandible...

Very cool stuff overall, just the actual gameplay wasn't very interesting... The only thing that kept me playing was so that I could watch the movies and figure out the plot...

*FADE OUT*
Old 02-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaoticMinister
I liked the plots of the game, but fighting got kind of tedious... It was just doing the same thing over and over again and the guards just took forever to die... The story was great, most of the puzzles were pretty challenging... The lighting was kinda of terrible in some of them (for minutes on end I thought I was travelling somewhere, but it turned out that I was running straight into a freaking corner)...

I haven't played Defiance yet, But the last one I played (SR2) was pretty nice... I especially liked how you could read the script and watch recording sessions and bloopers...

The plot in SR2 was pretty mindboggling at first because I hadn't played SR1 or BO1, but I managed to grasp the bulk of it... As I recall, my favorite FMV (series of which, actually) was the one where Raziel has his wings torn off and is cast into that vortex, ending up burned, blue, and missing a mandible...

Very cool stuff overall, just the actual gameplay wasn't very interesting... The only thing that kept me playing was so that I could watch the movies and figure out the plot...

*FADE OUT*
Well there is nothing uninteresting about the fighting in Defiance. They completly re-did it with combos and special attacks. Basically everything about Defiance KICKS ASS:D !!!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 01:09 AM
Hellraiser

I agree with the crowd in here, but sadly I have not yet played Defiance. But I guess it is a highly recommended game, ehh? ;)
Old 02-25-2004, 03:05 AM
Evil Dead

blood omen 2 has kain in it. its the only one ive played, but i like it so far. i have it on the xbox.
your dependence on hardware really amuses me, Bough. ive been dropped into the kalahari desert with no more than a toothbrush and a packet of sherman lemons, and i still made it to bulawayo before ramadan.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:12 AM
That fucking Guy...

Personally, I liked the first blood omen most.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Hellraiser

I think the inability to skip the fmv in soul reaver 2 spoilt it for me. Although the fighting is kick ass

-David Mills
Se7en