Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers

Old 01-29-2018, 07:31 AM
Little Boo

The Music of Erich Zann - Short Film Adaptation

Hello! My name is Jamie and I am currently the producer and director of an upcoming short film adaptation of The Music of Erich Zann.

One common theme in most of Lovecraft's stories was his ability to build an atmosphere and we believe that "The Music of Erich Zann", does this better than most. The way in-which he describes the Rus d'Auseil is vague and mysterious and we believe this makes it so interesting to adapt to film. We want to make the hotel seem alive in this story and and give the impression that it is the building that is partly manipulating the protagonist. Our plan is to build our own set so that we can not only construct our vision for what the hotel may have looked like, but also it allows us to be able to experiment with all different factors (camera, lights, etc.), to make the hotel seem as creepy as possible.

We recently launched an Indiegogo campaign to help us raise the funds that we will need to make the film how we want to. We also want to get the Horror community involved in this and will happily welcome any feedback on the project from now, right until the final cut of the film. Our final aim for the project is to have it entered in various short film festivals around the world, such as: NecronomiCon, the HP Lovecraft Film Festival and CthulhuCon
, and so much more.

You will be able to find much more information on the film, rewards, and the crew through the main campaign page:
Link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...r/x/17934293#/

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Jamie.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:22 AM
Evil Dead

That's his best story for me. I can see how he inspired Thomas Ligotti.

Tags
filmmaker, fundraiser, indiegogo, lovecraft, short film