Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Compilations and Pastimes
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Maybe I should go to a Clint Eastwood thread and talk about Godzilla movies and talk about my Godzilla movie poster collection etc. What do you think Austin? Now getting back to the subject at hand on the cover of G-Fan issue 71 there is a picture of Godzilla and Tristars 1998 Fakezilla fighting. Thats something Kaiju fans have always wished would happen in a movie is Godzilla taking on Fakezilla and in Godzilla Final Wars the 2 monsters did fight Godzilla killed Fakezilla98 in a minute LOL Well I will see GFW for myself in july.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:06 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
Maybe I should go to a Clint Eastwood thread and talk about Godzilla movies and talk about my Godzilla movie poster collection etc. What do you think Austin? Now getting back to the subject at hand on the cover of G-Fan issue 71 there is a picture of Godzilla and Tristars 1998 Fakezilla fighting. Thats something Kaiju fans have always wished would happen in a movie is Godzilla taking on Fakezilla and in Godzilla Final Wars the 2 monsters did fight Godzilla killed Fakezilla98 in a minute LOL Well I will see GFW for myself in july.

I said what I said because the subject had changed from Godzilla to that squid bs.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Evil Dead

I found the whole Squid concept very intersting and there are alot of squids in the Godzilla fandom. Seen that Godzilla is a giant monster perhaps Kaiju fans or Godzilla fans can expand on the term squid to Giant squids. As far as I know this is still a thread about Godzilla the sunject has not changed so feel free to post about Godzilla and anything you might have heard.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:20 PM
The Dork Knight

I was saying that the subject had currently changed, for about 5 or 6 posts all anybody mentioned was something about the squid term. I know the overall thread topic is Godzilla.

you're real touchy about this Godzilla stuff.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:11 AM
I Am Male.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
Chill Gojira, its just a thread.
I thought you said that you already saw Godzilla Final Wars....

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:57 AM
Evil Dead

Hi ClassicHorror no I have not seen Godzilla Final Wars if you read my older posts you will see I have never said that I have. Alot of my friends saw the Godzilla Final Wars world premier at Graumans Chinese Theatre in Hollywood last november 29th . I was hoping Godzilla Final Wars would be booked at the Pickwick Theatre in july this year so I could see it then and atend G-Fest at the same time. Looks like it will seen the movie has been booked by Jd Lees. For any Godzilla fans out in California Godzilla Final Wars has been booked at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood june 24th-29th so you can catch it then.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Backyard Waterfall

I'm sure I forgot to mention, by the way, but maybe I did, that I saw both "Monster Zero" ("Invasion of the Astros") and "Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster" projected at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood a few months ago. Two of the special effects technicians from these films were there and were very warmly greeted by a very warm and enthusiastic crowd. They both looked to be in their 70's or 80's, and the audience just loved them.

One of them shared an anecdote about how he used a jackhammer to smash a huge hole in the floor of one of Toho's stages......so that he could build a set that allowed the P1 rocket in Monster Zero to rise out of the ground. The studio ceiling was not high enough to allow the building of an elevated set, so he had to extend the set into the ground because he needed the space. He was screamed at for this by some Toho executive, and Tsuburaya was standing nearby, laughing hysterically that the technician had caused so much trouble for the purpose of getting the shot in the can.

This was probably the best time I've had at the movies in quite a while. Wow, I had always wanted to see some old Godzilla films on the big screen. Previous to this, I had only seen "Godzilla 1985" and "Godzilla 2000" on the big screen.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Evil Dead

Filmmaker2 I think the Egyptian Theatre will be showing the new Ultraman movie and a few old Toho classics like KingKong Escapes 1967 and Matango a.k.a. Attack of the Mushroom People 1963. I think all the movies will be subtitled in english so none of the movies will be deleted. I think Henshinonline has info on june showings at the Egyptian theatre in Hollywood at http://henshinonline.com/ I have been asked to introduce the original 1954 Gojira movie for an upcoming 1950s scifi filmfest here where I live. Gojira a.k.a. Godzilla I think the audence might find what I have to say about the 1954 classic intersting and eyeopening as many movie goers and scifi/horror fans may not know the hows and whys Godzilla was made. This filmfest will take place in may at the Chamizal theatre in El Paso Texas and g
Godzilla was booked from Rialto Pictures. Yoshikazu Ishii first ast spfx director on Godzilla Final Wars will be at G-Fest this year I cant wait to meet him and the other guests.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:41 AM
I Am Male.

I'm nowhere near hollywood....

Favorite Band: Black Sabbath
Second Fav Band: Pink Floyd
Favorite Non Horror Movie: Papillon
5 Fav Horror Authors: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Edgar Allan Poe, H. P. Lovecraft, and Mary Shelley.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:59 AM
Evil Dead

Hi ClassicHorror I am closer to Hollywood than Chicago but I will be watching Godzilla Final Wars in chicago in july because G-fest will be going on at the same time. I am in west Texas closer to California. Godzilla final Wars will be seen in june in Hollywood but I already made plans for Chicago instead. I dont think diehard Godzilla fans let distance be a factor in deciding if they can see a movie they really want to see. Most fans save a little each month and plan ahead of time on going to a movie or convention Depending on where you live classic you can check with Rialto Pictures to see where Gojira 1954 will be playing as the movie is being booked throughout the country at diffrent theatres.