Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
the 360 scare

My xbox 360 has already broken once. 1 and a half months + $150 later it was fixed. Now i just started getting the red flashes, it wouldnt turn on. I started looking online for a store that would repair it, because i dont have a month and a half to wait. 10 minutes later, it started working again. I havnt turned it off since, so im not sure if its going to stay working, but does anyone know of any stores that would repair an Xbox? Price is not as big of an issue.
this Xbox was used and bought off of amazon.com, im not sure if that changes anything or not.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
My xbox 360 has already broken once. 1 and a half months + $150 later it was fixed. Now i just started getting the red flashes, it wouldnt turn on. I started looking online for a store that would repair it, because i dont have a month and a half to wait. 10 minutes later, it started working again. I havnt turned it off since, so im not sure if its going to stay working, but does anyone know of any stores that would repair an Xbox? Price is not as big of an issue.
this Xbox was used and bought off of amazon.com, im not sure if that changes anything or not.
Microsoft usually will send out a box for ya. A friend of mine had his go that he's had forever and just shipped it back for repair, pretty easy process really. I usually buy my consoles at Best Buy and get the replacement policy, ESPECIALLY 1st gen models because I've had problems with almost every 1st gen console out there (PS2, Gamecube, and XBox... bastards). Early adoption of technology usually comes with a price.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:43 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Easiest and cheapest way is to call Xabox they'll send you a box and you ship it to them and in about 3 or 4 weeks they'll send you a brand new one for free.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Evil Dead

Sounds like a bad experience...working for PS3 though in all honesty I see the same shit happen, someone had their console in for repairs, comes back in not working, gets repaired again, and same deal...of course this happens here and there and not all that much, but the repair side of the company can be really SHIT sometimes...
Old 08-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Evil Dead

Yeah, i called microsoft and they sent out the box, i've already done that once, and it takes forever, im going to be traveling this year, i dont have time for that.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Sounds like a bad experience...working for PS3 though in all honesty I see the same shit happen, someone had their console in for repairs, comes back in not working, gets repaired again, and same deal...of course this happens here and there and not all that much, but the repair side of the company can be really SHIT sometimes...
The used part is scary too, because that used system is most likely one that has been repaired. Then you have the same problems that Cheebs is talking about.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Fear scented candle

HAHAHA!

Console scum, that is what you get!

I have only had to send in my PC 4 or 5 times in the past year for repairs.

Wait a sec...

I still swear by PCs over consoles. to be honest, any toy i get my hands on needs repairs pretty often. Computer, car, my gameboy when I had one. I run shit pretty hard.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
HAHAHA!

I have only had to send in my PC 4 or 5 times in the past year for repairs.

Wait a sec...

I still swear by PCs over consoles. to be honest, any toy i get my hands on needs repairs pretty often. Computer, car, my gameboy when I had one. I run shit pretty hard.
Damn dude. My PC ran for 3 years before it crashed. My car needed 2 repairs in the past 4 years, and my consoles haven't ever given me a problem. *Knocks on wood*. What the hell do you do to your "toys"? lol
Old 08-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
HAHAHA!

quiet fool!
Ive been playing on PCs all my life, got way too expensive.
seriously, can anybody help me find a store that does repairs, its seriously fucked now.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Banned

it happened again today

second time for me

first was almost two years ago...got it fixed for nothing....but also bought another one....with the Best Buy 2 year warranty...the 2 years is up in december...so I'll get this one fixed for nothing.