Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Evil Dead

console war - who will win?

right now the wii is dominating every other console system out there. do you guys and girls think that this trend will continue for the next few years or will the wii, like tickle me elmo die and then the ps3 will take over (saying that it actually starts selling) as the prime champ? or will the xbox360 continue to sell better then the ps3 and the wii, once the wii starts failing?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:12 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
I think the wii will probably win, followed closely in sales by the xbox360. Ps3 will continue to be a joke.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Evil Dead

I wouldn't be too sure, considering storage space the Wii just doesn't cut it. If games was gonna stay the same then the Wii could win. But just consider GTA IV will not get a decent port coz of the graphics restrictions, that is within the first year. It could be in trouble by this time next year if the ports stop and its only Nintendo software coming out.

The XBox 360 I will give it its due, it has done well. A large number of titles available and pretty good support from everywhere but Japan. But that is where alot of games are programmed add to this that if people do take advantage of the storage capacity of PS3's Blu-Ray (50gig+) then that is alot of DVD-9 disks.

Add to this the fact that Microsoft are now releasing the 360 Elite, exactly the same console with an 80gig hard drive and an HDMI port on the back to support 1080p. This is supposed to costing around 20 dollars less than the 20gig PS3, it doesn't even have an HD-DVD / Blu-Ray drive.

Currently PS3 network costs nothing. XBox Live in the UK costs around £50 per year, so if I had bought one and connected to the web for 4 years that would be nearly half the price of the PS3.

Sony have bought out a machine at an hefty price, but have said that the console should be around for around 9-10 years. And this is not the first time that Sony have been called over priced and a joke, if you remember back to the Dreamcast it was said then. They dont need a DVD drive, its so much more money than the Dreamcast.

All that is needed is 1 game that blows everything else away and everyone will jump back on the band wagon. At the moment programmers are just getting used to hardware, by this time next year you will see what the PS3 can do.

I own a PS3 and for all of its faults, I like it. Yes some of the games on the 360 do look better, but they have had a year to get used to the 360 hardware.

If i get around 7 years out of my PS3 I will be happy as I play it everyday and that works out to around 17p per day (which the last 2 Playstation consoles lasted over 7 years each).

Personally I think no-one will win the next console war, it will be one way then the other. But if I get enjoyment out of what games and console I play then I win anyway.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
I think the wii will probably win, followed closely in sales by the xbox360. Ps3 will continue to be a joke.
I couldnt agree more
Old 04-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to chaibill
well,i have always owned nintendo consoles. but i dont have a Wii do i want one? not sure.
when i first saw the controller i thought that it was cool. then when i saw some of the games i thought the controller was just too gimicky. But i have only played the Excite truck game in the store so i don't know.
I want a ps3 just for MGS$ and stranglehold but they maybe on xbox360. so i am waiteing to make my choice as i will only get one new system
i acually dont have a ps2 and there are alot of games that i want silenthill and the mgs2 and 3 games devil may cry there is a lot, hoping the price will go down one more time.

but based on the reviews of the wii games they dont seem that great' but i think it is something my wife would enjoy playing with me so that is a plus

i really want a DS though anyone here have one
DOG SOLDIERS
SAW, THE OTHERS

THE EXORCIST, 28 DAYS LATER, 28 weeks later
PSYCHO, FRIDAY THE 13th movie series
Martyrs, DAWN OF THE DEAD
Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Hell on earth

Dispite how overatted it is you can't deny how big halo 3 will be

Xbox 360 barely scrapes by cause the Wii is huge...But the 360 will continue to be #1

BTW Wii has had some console shortage lately

Old 05-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Evil Dead

yeah, the wii has had some shortages lately. i have read reports that those shortages might keep up until 2008 or 2009. i would love to have a wii, but i have never seen one on a store self. so far every month this year the wii has dominated in sales. but with halo 3 coming out, that might stop that. but then again. with mario galaxy and metroid prime 3 coming out later this year as well. things will be interesting this fall.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabruce16 View Post
yeah, the wii has had some shortages lately. i have read reports that those shortages might keep up until 2008 or 2009. i would love to have a wii, but i have never seen one on a store self. so far every month this year the wii has dominated in sales. but with halo 3 coming out, that might stop that. but then again. with mario galaxy and metroid prime 3 coming out later this year as well. things will be interesting this fall.
And the new Smash Bros that looks wicked, I don't think I'll buy any more consoles though, I think I want a pc.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
And the new Smash Bros that looks wicked, I don't think I'll buy any more consoles though, I think I want a pc.
hahaha... wait, I'm sorry. I didn't think anyone STILL played PC games.

The 360 will be the winner. But the Wii won't be far behind. The sales will be very even. I own a 360, And it is possibly the best console ever made, BESIDES the holy SNES !

I will buy a Wii in August hopefully.

And PS3 will be used as a laughing device. Used only for the pure amusment of children & the elderly
Old 05-01-2007, 08:11 PM
For Vendetta

Dont count out the PS3 just yet, folks.

Agreed that its pricing and lack of games are cutting it down, but some of the major game-developing companies are making some really awesome games for the PS3. EA recently announced a slew of games exclusive for the PS3 which will bring out the full potential of the machine.

Plus, Sony is seriously considering dropping the price by fall 2007 yet again so that the common man can afford it. And considering that the future of storage is gonna be Blu-Ray, its the cheapest Blu-Ray player available in the market today. Add 60GB of storage to it, bundled with a broadband connectivity, and you got a kickass console on your hands.