Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-04-2015, 03:52 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Honeymoon, 2014. 7/10

Thumb resize.

This was a cool watch.[/i]
Especially that scene your picture is from. Groooooss!!
Old 01-04-2015, 05:16 PM

COLOUR FROM THE DARK 2008

A modest, hard-working farmer, Pietro,watches his wife, sister-in-law and farm fall ruin to a mysterious "colour" loosened from the bottom of his well.

Very nice visuals.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:36 PM
fanged menace

chill

when you see a movie is written,directed,produced,edited and and about a million other jobs by the same guy you get a feeling no budget is what your about to watch, i can dig that, look at bad taste all those years ago and its not always a bad thing.....here this straight to bargain basement dvd rubbish was. terrible acting, fx, woeful editing and sceneing make for a truly dreadful movie. 1/10

still watched it al tho lol
Old 01-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Evil Dead

Afflicted (2014)

Damn this was terrible, I could only withstand 20 minutes of the terrible annoying characters and had to turn it off.

Blood Runs Cold (2011)

I actually really enjoyed this one. Was a random watch on Amazon prime and there are plenty of flaws especially the inconsistent times of day but regardless it was a bit different and kept me interested.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Honeymoon, 2014. 7/10

Thumb resize.

Newlyweds go to her childhood cabin, she is found naked in the woods one night, since this incident, she falls deep into behavioral madness. Not to bad, I kinda new what happened by the sounds and images but it still kept my attention. This was a cool watch.
I liked it too, also have it 7/10. Not to spoil anything, but that kind of theme freaks me out a little.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Smile What a Great Movie Night! 3 awesome movies in a row!!

Coherence (2013)

This is a brilliant indie twisted sci-fi thriller that will keep you guessing & engaged to the characters & story as it progress every moment. Kind of reminded me of another great indie sci fi flick The Man from Earth (2007), just for the similar premise of a living room where the film mostly takes place but the story is actually evolving through with much greater & twisted thought provoking contents. In his very first feature film, director James Ward Byrkit truly did a wonderful job here with such limited setting to tell a remarkable sci-fi tale. Absolutely loved it. Emily Baldoni on the lead also got my attention for her stunning beauty, looking forward to see her more regularly in genre films in coming days.

Not sure whether you guys have seen it or not but I'm Highly recommending it! Specially like to hear the feedback from Chrono, NE, Angra, Villain, Straker & Ferox. If you loved Triangle, you'll love it too!

>>: A

The One I Love (2014)

A relationship drama gets cleverly twisted with 'Twilight Zone' treatment! Thanks to Chrono for the rec! Loved it too.

>>: A-

Shock Value (2014)

Didn't expect much from this low budget indie horror but it surprisingly turned out quite funny & entertaining!

>>: B+

Last edited by roshiq; 01-04-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:15 AM
Gore Whore

hear no evil 2, borgman (dutch subtitled) and lets kill walts wife.....none of the three rated above a 5 with me

Oh and Spanish subtitled Witching and Bitching which was honestly entertaining
Old 01-05-2015, 05:32 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Coherence (2013)

This is a brilliant indie twisted sci-fi thriller that will keep you guessing & engaged to the characters & story as it progress every moment. Kind of reminded me of another great indie sci fi flick The Man from Earth (2007), just for the similar premise of a living room where the film mostly takes place but the story is actually evolving through with much greater & twisted thought provoking contents. In his very first feature film, director James Ward Byrkit truly did a wonderful job here with such limited setting to tell a remarkable sci-fi tale. Absolutely loved it. Emily Baldoni on the lead also got my attention for her stunning beauty, looking forward to see her more regularly in genre films in coming days.

Not sure whether you guys have seen it or not but I'm Highly recommending it! Specially like to hear the feedback from Chrono, NE, Angra, Villain, Straker & Ferox. If you loved Triangle, you'll love it too!

Agreed. This one is a really quality sci-fi. Largely improvised script, which works really well and the cast do a great job. The movie keeps you thinking and keeps you guessing throughout, but doesn't go too far into that territory of just becoming annoying and convoluted. A brilliant example of low budget film making.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:40 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Coherence (2013)

Not sure whether you guys have seen it or not..
Nope. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Coherence (2013)

I liked it a lot. Thought it was really well crafted and acted. The improvised dialog didn't feel lazy, like mumblecore often does, or awkward and unpolished, like some cinéma vérité can be. Although I'm not a huge fan of films where the majority of the "action" is not seen but rather delivered through exposition, in this case the story was engaging enough to work well in that format, and also it was a bit of a mystery, where the characters were unraveling the plot simultaneously with the viewers.

My couple beefs with the details are (**SPOILERS**):

1) It was a little too convenient that one of the partygoers had written a book (or a friend did?) that happened to explain what was happening with the comet. I think it would have been more credible if someone did some quick research on the internet, or maybe if a character had once read a book that might explain it.

2) I thought everyone was a little too quick to start believing the theory. Especially since only a couple of the partygoers had left the house to witness anything weird. I would expect a bit more skepticism or disagreement. However, I'm glad we didn't get the overly-resistant skeptic that always seems to be relied on to provide internal conflict/drama.

Those are fairly small nits though, and didn't harm the experience much. My biggest problem was that I just had trouble following towards the end, especially when we learn there are more than two versions of people. Afterwards, I had to do some reading on the internet to explain it, and found a really good, detailed explanation of the multiple versions of who was doing what. Although the explanation might have been accurate, it almost confused me even more. Maybe with a 2nd or 3rd watch it would be more clear to me. I didn't have this problem with other doppleganger-esque films, even those that are somewhat challenging, like The Double or Enemy.

I gave it 7/10, and it's somewhere in the middle of my 7's for 2014. Definitely recommended.

Tags
movie