Old 07-21-2018, 12:38 PM
病気の

Glass {2019} ~ M. Night Shyamalan

Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6823368/

https://www.facebook.com/GlassMovie/
Old 07-21-2018, 01:51 PM
ventricle

Seems wackey. It's been a long time since I saw Unbreakable, and it's hard to see how it fits with the film Split, besides the premise of the film Glass (superpowers through belief), of course. I thought Mr Glass was the opposite of "unbreakble" Willis, having bones like glass, which isn't really a superpower. He has a high IQ, but that isn't a superpower. How does he fit?

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-22-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:16 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Seems wackey. It's been a long time since I saw Unbreakable, and it's hard to see how it fits with the film Split, besides the premise of Glass, of course.
Quite different in tone, I found...and what we saw at the end of SPLIT was a pretty tenuous link at most. So aside from "they exist in the same universe/area" and that one of them is a "good" superpowered person, and one is a BAD one...that's about it.

Quote:
I thought Mr Glass was the opposite of "unbreakble" Willis, having bones like glass, which isn't really a superpower. He has a high IQ, but that isn't a superpower. How does he fit?
Well yeah, but like the chick said she thinks they ALL have delusions of grandeur...to her that's all it is. I don't believe he's ever referred to HIMSELF as being powered. Just as the polar opposite of the Bruce Willis character. Note, she says "gifts".
Though it's not unheard of to have a villain, even a SUPERvillain, that has little in the way of powers besides intellect. Standard comic trope as explored in the first film.
I mean all that's stopping him from being something like "The Wizard" or "Doctor Doom" is that he hasn't really bolstered himself with technology (looks like in this trailer though, he designs ?something?)
So he's more Lex Luthor, definitely more the "mastermind manipulator", looks like he's fairly successful here in setting the players up against each other.

I just hope that
a: This isn't just Dawn of Justice again.
b: No "Kill me while I'm me/weak" ending. It's been done.

Funny though isn't it how long it took for this to come out...MNS made so many other movies in between, most of which were panned. I'd heard way back when he'd originally planned on a trilogy, maybe the fact that these last two have come out so close to each other indicates he's realised maybe this is what he should have done in the first place.
He's good at this. I will see this one on faith for sure.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 07-21-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:21 PM
That fucking Guy...

I'd like to, and hope we get to, see the part of the story where their capture/invitation was delivered to get them all to this facility in the first place.
I was thinking it would be cool if somehow they were manipulated in the first place by someone who's been keeping tabs on the lot of them.
I mean, have they all been somehow temporarily depowered?
I'd love to see Bruce Willis saying "No...no delusion, I can prove it" then punching a wall to break his fist.

I mean I don't want some Amanda Waller type shit here - but my money is on this Doctor chick (shoutout to American Gothic) as having something to do with everything...and either trying to get them on side, or convinced they're normal so that they'll stay out of the way of something even bigger. Maybe. Reluctant team up might be cool.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 07-21-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:25 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I'd like to, and hope we get to, see the part of the story where their capture/invitation was delivered to get them all to this facility in the first place.
I was thinking it would be cool if somehow they were manipulated in the first place by someone who's been keeping tabs on the lot of them.
I mean, have they all been somehow temporarily depowered?
I'd love to see Bruce Willis saying "No...no delusion, I can prove it" then punching a wall to break his fist.

I mean I don't want some Amanda Waller type shit here - but my money is on this Doctor chick (shoutout to American Gothic) as having something to do with everything...and either trying to get them on side, or convinced they're normal so that they'll stay out of the way of something even bigger. Maybe. Reluctant team up might be cool.
We can see in the clip that Willis is chained/cabled to his chair, and not with fabric restraints, which typically only comes with criminal arrest or incarceration. And clips of the trailer seem to show a clash with police.

The other two have no restraints, except that Glass is in a wheelchair.

At the end of Split, we see Crumb (McAvoy) has superpowers and escapes, but his remaining captive has surely gone to the police, so there would be a warrant for his arrest.

Reading the Glass (2019) wiki page, I see it says at the end of Unbreakable Willis reveals Glass as a mass murderer, and wiki reads, "Mr. Glass: An incarcerated mass murderer", so I think we can assume all three of these guys are probably convicted and in state or federal incarceration, probably for criminally insane... and then probably that old film convention of a "special gov agency" is able to bring the three to the psychiatrist for "federal study".

Although, the film most likely doesn't start out with Willis and Crumb captured/convicted. Rather, looking at the trailer, Wills pursues Crumb for awhile before they end up in the prison hospital with Glass.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-22-2018 at 12:28 PM.