Old 05-13-2018, 07:11 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
It took me three evenings to get through Bloodline...

No character depth, no plot depth. It's more like a bad episode of The Stargate (TV series)... that is, in the way it looks and proceeds. Has no sense of humor. The cinematography, sound and effects are fine.
I was somewhat expecting that possibility ( Stargate though?!). I will still try check it out.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:19 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I was somewhat expecting that possibility ( Stargate though?!). I will still try check it out.
It kind of reminds me of the more action orientated Startgate TV episodes where they fill up a ton of time running around shooting at each other, and the other time some high ranking military dude is barking orders... all inside a bunch of dark narrow hallways and small rooms.

I don't mean to insult the Stargate TV series, as I only saw 3 or so eps and heard good things about it... but I don't think I caught the good eps.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
No, the problem is that the zombie genre has went from horror to action. It's as simple as that.

It's just like what happened with the vampire genre in the 1990's and early 2000's. We ended up with movies like Blade and Underworld which were all about action.
I think what happened is as these genres of movies became more popular, larger studios were willing to fund them which meant - more budget for action set pieces, and more tailored to mainstream audiences, which studious believe have less attention span. So we end up with a lot of action movies.

The days of slow-burn, character focussed vampire horror movies certainly aren't gone though. (Interview With a Vampire, Let the Right One In, 30 days of Night, Thirst, Byzantium, Only Lovers Left Alive, A Girl walks Home Alone at Night, Midnight Son, to name a few).

Zombie movies may be over-saturated which makes it feel at times as though there are no decent ones anymore. But Japan is still keeping the genre fresh and engaging...

Rape Zombie: Lust of the Dead 1-5