Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-08-2009, 04:08 PM
That fucking Guy...

...Product Reviews...

I had an idea to review a product I've just tried, and thought it might be interesting if some people in here were to throw in some random reviews about some items they've purchased...yknow...maybe not the last box of cereal you had but yknow, stuff that...does stuff?

Doesn't have to be super concise, but I guess it can be too.
Anyways, either this'll take off or it won't, so I'll start with my aforementioned review to kick it off, and worst comes to worst, I get my review out there all the same.

I'm reviewing the VAPORSTAR, which is a vaporizer - these can be used to increase lung capacity, to decrease lung congestion.

To not bullshit about it these are commonly used to non-carcinogenically inhale a more pure, concentrated THC from marijuana, while leaving aside the shittier, unhealthier aspects that are present with combustion of the product.
This is of course, my main use for these devices.

I already own one higher end electrically powered vaporizer, which I have reviewed before - it's called the "Extreme" from a company called arizer based in Canada. To throw out a good heads up - this product is also great and the service you recieve from the customer service team, as well as the time of postage is all excellent. Check them out at www.arizer.com

So I know I've spoken to a few other smokers up in here...and you've all heard me pimping the vapourisation method before, but I'll do it again in short.
*It tastes better, WAY better
*Your lung capacity/congestion noticably improves
*Doesn't smell like weed - no residual smell in the room at all, the only smell from the device is similar to grass clippings that have dried out, and very faint.

Back to the Vaporstar.
Now, while I love my arizer extreme, one problem that all of the more expensive electronic devices share is that they can take a while to heat up, and many of them fill large bags with diffused vapour...nothing wrong with that but some times, you don't want to wait for all that...or at least want something to do while you wait, hm?

I did some research and found the vaporstar was one a lot of people talked about as a very quick product, with high quality results.
Saw a video for it on youtube that convinced me...wanna take a look? I'll link it in a little bit and go on about it first.

I was apprehensive about this device to be honest...it's a little thing that looks like a wooden cone/bowl that sits in, or as, the "stem" of your waterpipes/bongs, with a metal cap on top...and what's this I saw? You have to light it just like normal?
I thought this has to be bull shit...
However, apparently inside the flame is somehow diffused around the product, which gradually heats and produces vapour.

So here's the video I saw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rttVXEy7C-c
Now, the first thing you may notice is that it looks a little like smoke...but as the chamber is clearing you see a "clinging" effect to the glass which is common for vapour.
Another thing you might notice is that this guy's getting a fair old slug of hits out of a relatively small amount of product...this is something I can back up for all methods of vapourisation, it generally uses a fair bit less. A higher undestroyed amount of thc makes it through the process to you, and all the bad stuff, as I said, is left out. I might not take as many hits as that guy, because obviously with heating it up it does eventually start to taste a little bit toasty which is something I don't want.

So mine arrived yesterday, came in a set with a waterpipe.
Here's the website if you consider ordering: http://www.vaporstar.co.uk/
I have to say the product is easy to use, just like the video shows.
The vapour...wow...I have enjoyed the taste of vapour before, but from what must be due to lack of diffusion over smaller space, the flavour was vastly improved, I can honestly say it's the best tasting vapour I've ever had, including sadly, the vapour that my "extreme" puts out at some 3-4 times the price (not saying anything bad about the extreme there though, it just is what it is, more of a group/party product methinks)
...and it's QUICK! Not only in use which is great, but also in effect.
With most vapourizers I've had you're looking at about a 5-10 minute kick in period, which is all good by me though this little guy has effects within a minute. Again, I suppose that's due to the concentration.
So I hit it about 7 times off one bowl and that's when the flavour went just to the edge of toasty...I promptly removed my greens to inspect them.
Not a burn, not even a singe.
Looked a little less towards green and a little further towards brown but in no way cooked at all...so somehow, this thing works, and now with my accumulated leftovers (this is why I don't keep using it until it's shrivelled up and brown) I can cook up a nice batch of butter as I always do.
Another great factor of vapourisation there - you get "leftovers" with which to make butter that can knock you on your ass for about 8 hours, and again, non carcinogenic.
Oh right, and no smell whatsoever from the device unless you practically stick it up your nose...huge selling point there IMO.

So I'm impressed, and I'd recommend the Vaporstar to anybody that already DOES smoke the doja, or anybody considering trying it.
It's a little more than a waterpipe/bong but worth every penny knowing that you'll be protecting your health if you choose to indulge in the M as your substance of choice.

The "familiarity" of the whole feel, look, and method here, I think is a great way for existing smokers to take up and get used to a healthier method.

To throw around a little responsibility here, weed isn't for everyone.
If you're trying it for the first time, try it with friends, and in a safe environment making sure that you can deal with the effects.
Always moderate, and don't overdo it.

That's it from me.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 05-08-2009 at 04:11 PM.