Old 12-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Evil Dead

Have you seen the others?
Old 01-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Evil Dead

I wonder when the release date for 5 will finally be announced? All that's known is it's coming out sometime this year for sure.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:45 PM
King of the Sucker Punch

Phantasm 2 - I'm on the line to whether it's better than the first movie but I find it to have better rewatchablity.

Phantasm - Despite the acting being pretty bad it makes up to it with pure originality. Particularly liked the ending.

Phantasm 3 - This is where the series started to get bad. It started off alright but when they brought the little kid into it, It lost alot of appeal for me.

Phantasm 4 - Shit.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Evil Dead

Still no word on the fifth one's release according to those who were at the recent Texas Frightmare convention and asked Don Coscarelli about it. Hope we get some information soon.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
Still no word on the fifth one's release according to those who were at the recent Texas Frightmare convention and asked Don Coscarelli about it. Hope we get some information soon.
Can't believe I only just heard about this movie. But Coscarelli isn't directing right? He has found someone else? This is crazy. I can't believe Angus can still pull it off.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Evil Dead

Yes, David Hartman is directing. But Coscarelli is still heavily involved.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Evil Dead

Two great bits of news for any Phantasm Phans here:

1. None other than J.J. Abrams (who's a big phan and named Phasma in The Force Awakens after the series as a direct homage) is assisting with a 4K restoration of the first film (no word if he's also going to help do the same with the sequels, hopefully he does after the first is finished).

2. Ravager is said to finally see released sometime within the first or second quarter 2016.

2016 is looking to be the year to be a fan of the series.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:10 PM
Horror > Everything

Ah, Jigs, when we finally are gifted with Phantasm Five I am going to howl at the fucking moon! So many delays and false release dates, it's been torture. I know that kind of thing usually signals trouble and possibly some bad product, but it looks like most of the holdups have been caused by distribution disputes and Coscarelli's unwillingness to prostitute himself and his work to make a few extra bucks.

I need this damn sequel!

Anyway, my Phantasm rankings are..

1--Phantasm
2--Phantasm IV
3--Phantasm II
4--Phantasm III

Truth be told, I see all four as a whole piece and I'm madly in love with every installment of the franchise. The Phantasm universe isn't for all fans, but those of us who have fallen into the Tall Man's snare will always be loyal and fervent.

Bring the ball back!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:37 PM
Evil Dead

Angus Scrimm's passing still hits me hard :( I'm just glad he got to do a final film before he passed and hope it's a damn good finale.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:59 PM
Evil Dead

I've never seen a single one. My best mate has been trying to get a hold of the first movie but is having a bugger of a time. All the sequels are available but the Phantasm 1 is out of print, on DVD and Blue Ray. He can't even find it online to watch? From what I've heard about it I wouldn't mind giving it a go, myself.