Old 07-04-2018, 07:11 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I thought of The Others as not being so much about "Ghosts are scary" as it was "Ghosts are still people". It was set up to be kind of scary because the mother didn't know what was going on but it's not like anybody was really harmed in this movie, and in the end everything turned out to be OK and it kind of gave a message that maybe ghosts are just as afraid of us as we are of them. It's like saying "How would you feel if some unknown thing entered into your home with you and your family?".

I really loved this movie but I didn't think it was much of a horror movie. It was definitely an emotional movie and I could feel everything that the characters were going through including the mother, her two children, the servants, and even her husband who only appeared briefly.
Very true, it turned out that way, I mean where the story ends. I just have a different opinion on the type of film it was. Like for instance, you how on youtube there's this film clip series for hundreds of films called MovieClips, they come in groups of 10 clips. If you look at any of those 10, they all seem pretty darn scary to me. You know, the music, lighting, camera angles is all rather "scary horror". I mean it's general suspense too, not all that different than some Hitchcock suspense scenes, but Others is a 'bump in the night' on to ghosty theme from the getgo. So here's one of the 10 clips, but pick any of them, and they're very similar.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Living Dead

Though not a horror movie, I experienced this with, Congo, when it first came out. The ad showed this exciting movie. When you get to the movies you find out that it's a really tame film about a young gorilla who knows sign language. It was good, but I was upset, because the ad promised me a different movie entirely.