Old 02-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to La Chat Noire
The boyfriend and I are going tomorrow night too. Would've liked to go tonight but he works late.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Can you dig it ?

I already saw it Tuesday. It just proves that Michael Bay can take an originally bad movie, add lots of flashy editing, gorgeous co-eds, tons of loud music, and great special fx and still deliver an even worse movie. Another pointless and ridiculous remake. It looks like the 'Halloween' remake Michael Myers switched masks and lived in 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' remake Leatherface's house. Lots of shaky camerawork and super loud noise as usual. Awful.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
I'm going tonight and I'm taking my eleven year-old son (who is an avid horror fan already) to see it as his first horror film in the cinema! And we're going with a bunch of horror directors and journalists who are all jazzed to break in a virgin.

I saw #3 in 3D in the theater when I was his age and it made quite an impression on me.

We spent the week getting up to speed, watching 1,3,4, X & HIS NAME WAS JASON - so he'll totally get any homages/references.

I can't wait. I'll be watching his face even more the the screen.
I'm watching "His Name Was Jason" now. Did they release remastered versions of the previous movies or something? The quality of the clips seemed a lot better than before.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Misanthrope

The F13 flicks are being (are already out?) released on Blue-Ray and I think there's newly remastered DVD versions too.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
It wasn't 'drop my jaw, perminately change the way I see horror movies' awesome. It was definetly a Friday the 13th movie though. I thought it was everything that could have been expected and maybe a little more. Boobs, blood, a bunch idiot kids running around drunk and high humping each other until there totally expected/foreshadowed death. I liked it alot.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 02-14-2009, 03:46 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by milktoaste View Post
It wasn't 'drop my jaw, perminately change the way I see horror movies' awesome. It was definetly a Friday the 13th movie though. I thought it was everything that could have been expected and maybe a little more. Boobs, blood, a bunch idiot kids running around drunk and high humping each other until there totally expected/foreshadowed death. I liked it alot.
I'm glad to see someone's enjoying this the way I do.

It may not be a masterpiece or even close, but it's worth watching and great entertainment.

Man, I wish that asian kid got his own movie.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Misanthrope

Great stuff I thought this was a lot of fun. My only complaint was the music, the score itself was great but the songs they played were awful. It always seems to be the case with a lot of modern horror flicks.
I really dug the ferocious pace of this one compared to the older films. Jason was badass and it was great seeing him in action on the big screen. Nice homages to the first few flicks.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Undead

^^I thought the pacing was spot on, no dull moments or boring teen babble, one of the benefits of condensing 4 movies into 1. I really hope Mears comes back as Jason in the next one.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:58 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Yep, I enjoyed it. It ain't no work of brilliance, but that's not what I was paying to see: I wanted to see an old-fashioned slasher movie, with a little production gloss and decent sound. And the movie delivers that. Partying, boobs, gruesome choppings. Rainstorm sequence, ending you can see coming from a mile away but who cares. (I suppose it could have used just a bit more gore...it seemed to be skimping a little in that department...but eh, that's a small complaint.)

Friend....gooooood!

Old 02-14-2009, 01:12 PM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
Saw it last night. I don't know how I feel about it. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it...It's just whatever I guess. I was excited to see Jason on the big screen again though. I'll have to watch it probably like 3 more times before I decide. I hated how they did the beginning during the credits. The recap of the first film was stupid. BUT, I liked how they tied the other movies into this one. A lot better than Halloween remake I'd have to say. I just feel modern horror movies now a days aren't scary. I found the oldies to be scary, still to this day. Same goes for Halloween. I thought Jason looked bad ass of course and the kills were awesome, but I wasn't scared like I used to be. They could have done a lot more to it I think.