Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-20-2008, 04:24 AM
For Vendetta

First Disney pic in IMAX - A Christmas Carol

November 19, 2008

Disney's A Christmas Carol, the spectacular 3D 2009 holiday release from director Robert Zemeckis and starring Jim Carrey, will be the first film from The Walt Disney Studios slated for IMAX theatres under a new five-picture arrangement the studio reached with IMAX Corporation, it was announced today by Mark Zoradi, president, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Group.

Disney's A Christmas Carol will lead off an impressive slate of upcoming films from the Studio and a roster of top filmmakers that may include director Tim Burton as well as producer Jerry Bruckheimer. This arrangement makes some of the Studio's most highly anticipated theatrical releases from November 2009 and beyond available to IMAX venues across the country and around the world.

Robert Zemeckis' takes the art of performance capture to the next level with the November 6, 2009 release of Disney's A Christmas Carol. This multi-sensory 3D motion picture captures the fantastical essence of the classic Dickens tale in a groundbreaking motion picture event. Ebeneezer Scrooge (Jim Carrey) begins the Christmas holiday with his usual miserly contempt, barking at his faithful clerk (Gary Oldman), and his cheery nephew (Colin Firth). But when the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come (all played by Carrey) take him on an eye-opening journey revealing truths Old Scrooge is reluctant to face, he must open his heart to undo years of ill will before it's too late.

Release dates for additional titles will be announced in the near future.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Yeh, I heard about this not too long ago. It'll be quite good. Strange you mention it though, because in English at the moment we're studying the book and writing an essay about the use of colour imagery. The essay has to have eight parts and I'm only halfway through part three. And I've done nearly five pages (ten if you count each indivual side of the paper as one).

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Evil Puppy

Looks ok, the REAL Disney's Christmas Carol (with Mickey Mouse ad the crew) is one I still watch every year.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I always loved The Muppets Christmas Carol. Not much can beat that in my opinion.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
I always loved The Muppets Christmas Carol. Not much can beat that in my opinion.
That's a good one too but as far as retelling the Christmas Carol story goes my favorite is probably Scrooged. This one could be good though, we'll see if it makes its way into my Christmas Movie Party night one of these years.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
That's a good one too but as far as retelling the Christmas Carol story goes my favorite is probably Scrooged. This one could be good though, we'll see if it makes its way into my Christmas Movie Party night one of these years.
Scrooged in also my favorite. You can't beat the Ghost of Christmas Present and her swinging toaster! :p :D
Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon Noir View Post
Scrooged in also my favorite. You can't beat the Ghost of Christmas Present and her swinging toaster! :p :D
Exactly! :D