Old 07-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Bronson

Fiscally Sponsored Horror Film Director

Hi, my name is Ed Bergtold and I am new to this forum. I've been an actor in NYC for over 12 years and now I am a sponsored writer and director by "Artspire" a Program of The New York Foundation of The Arts. A 501(c)3 organization

My film "Last Night on Earth" is only the second horror film ever accepted by Artspire! And we are very proud of that distinction! I've been a huge horror fan all my life and a child of the 80's and love talking about movies.

Some favorites include:

Poltergeist, Jaws, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, (Anything with a theological theme & possession) Psycho, American Psycho, Phantasm II (actually met Don Coscarelli once at Fangoria Radio, super cool), The Evil Dead I & II, Friday The 13th (used to go to camp No-Be-Bosco in Blairstown, NJ where the original was filmed), All things Romero, and a fan of the 1990 re-make of NOTLD (no matter what anybody says), The Lost Boys, Interview with The Vampire, Halloween to name a few.

My film is akin to the drama of "The Walking Dead", the insanity of "The Evil Dead" all with a "Die Hard" sense of humor.

Here's a little bit about the film:

"Last Night On Earth" is the story of Ned Bronson. A washed up Minor League Baseball Player. Once the pride of "The New Jersey Rebels" this promising power hitter goes to prison for a crime he did not commit. Now out, and with his life and career in ruins Ned goes to work with his brother Bubba a retired Army Ranger who now thinks he's Elvis at their Uncle's motorcycle garage where he is coerced to become an illegal bootlegger in The Appalachian Mountains of New Jersey. During his welcome home party, Ned and his friends engage in hard drinking, and debauchery where Ned is reconnected with his old flame Mistie. But the celebration soon comes to an end when they are attacked by what used to be the local police department, and are all faced with the unimaginable task of surviving what could be their last night on earth.

In it's essence (and this is how I sold it to all the art foundations) LNOE is a Greek Tragedy, a hero fallen from grace and now has to rise to the occasion in the face of insurmountable circumstances.

We hope to go into principal photography in the summer of 2014. We've currently raised over 6K for LNOE through charitable grants and crowdfundraising so far. The grant we received was almost a shock considering our content and most foundations traditionally don't fund narrative films. So we were very happy!

Below are some links I hope you get a chance to take a look at and please friend us on Facebook and hope we can make you a fan of ours!!!!!

www.facebook.com/lastnightonearthfilm

www.imdb.me/edbergtold

http://www.rockethub.com/projects/21...night-on-earth

https://www.artspire.org/DirectoryDe...7/Default.aspx
Old 07-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Horror Fan

Welcome, Ed....to horror.com.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Bronson

Thanks Mike, and I love your work!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Bronson