Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films

Old 07-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Bronson

"Last Night on Earth" sponsored by The New York Foundation of The Arts!

Hi my name is Ed and I am a NYC Actor and now a sponsored writer & filmmaker by "Artspire" a program of The New York Foundation of The Arts. I am only the second horror film they have ever sponsored. My film "Last Night on Earth" is a 20min. short, based on my feature screenplay of the same title. We are currently in "development" but script is finalized and some funds have been secured through grants. The film is akin to the drama of "The Walking Dead", the insanity of "The Evil Dead" all with a "Die Hard" sense of humor. Here's a little bit about the film:

"Last Night On Earth" is the story of Ned Bronson. A washed up Minor League Baseball Player. Once the pride of "The New Jersey Rebels" this promising power hitter goes to prison for a crime he did not commit. Now out, and with his life and career in ruins Ned goes to work with his brother Bubba at their Uncle's gas station where he is coerced to become an illegal bootlegger in The Appalachian Mountains of New Jersey. During his welcome home party, Ned and his friends engage in hard drinking, and debauchery where Ned is reconnected with his old flame Mistie. But the celebration soon comes to an end when they are attacked by what used to be the local police department, and are all faced with the unimaginable task of surviving what could be their last night on earth.

We hope to go into principal photography in the summer of 2014. I've been a huge horror fan all my life and a child of the 80's. Some favorites include:

Poltergeist, Phantasm II (actually met Don Coscarelli once at Fangoria Radio, super cool), The Evil Dead I & II, Friday The 13th (used to go to camp No-Be-Bosco in Blairstown, NJ where the original was filmed), All things Romero, and a fan of the 1990 re-make of NOTLD (no matter what anybody says), The Lost Boys, Halloween to name a few.

I have great people involved in this film, and hopefully you'll be a fan of our work. You can check out all things LNOE at:

www.Facebook.com/lastnightonearthfilm

Hope to hear from you! - Ed
Old 08-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Bronson

Check out the press release for my film on PR Newswire:

"Last Night on Earth" press release

Tags
badass, baseball, undead, vampire, zombie