Old 01-26-2010, 05:03 PM
That fucking Guy...

Severance
Bit stupid, but pretty fun.
Some kind of further explanation would have been nice.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:27 PM
mostly ghostly?

Zodiac (2007)

Such a great, often looked-over film, and Fincher's best work in my opinion. It has an incredible restraint that I think his other movies lack. A grand, haunting epic combining obsession and culture. Some really great performances and some of the best digital photography yet, too.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Too Late the Hero (1970)

>>: B

Creation (2010)

It's partly biographical, partly fictionalized account of Charles Darwin & how he copes with the grief after untimely death of his eldest daughter, Annie, by plunging into his revolutionary work The Origin of Species. Quite sad & slow but a pretty well made & acted feature.

>>: B-
Old 01-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

A 26 year old actress plays a 15 year old girl who pops acid at her first party - soon shes on uppers/downers/sidewaysers etc all the time recording her teenage whining in her diary...Bill Shatner with tash and glasses says he'll play her dad if he gets top billing despite less than 10m ins of screem time..Andy Griffith plays a priest and and Robert Carradine appears as a teenage acid head..

This is based on the real life diaries of an anonymous teenage girl who died of a drug overdose back in the 60's (by based I mean totally made up) and was at one stage required reading for every 12 year old...
Old 01-27-2010, 03:49 AM
Bad Natured

Lucky Number Slevin (2006). This case of mistaken identity will keep the viewer guessing until the end. At one point i was all full of myself having figured something out, only to find that i was sucker punched by falling for the bait. The biggest complaint would be the beginning is a bit fast paced. Learn to keep up people! This is a witty, dark, at times cute, and ultimately stylish flick for the guy that can keep up. The cast was sublime, and everybody did their jobs perfectly. Lead Josh Hartnett killed his part, keeping everybody guessing 'till the end. The dialogue was fun and witty, the story was awesome, and the direction was great. The cinematography was at time playful and then frenetic, especially when increasing the body count. Don't worry for those that cannot keep up, the ending will literally be spelled out you. The only thing that was not up to par was the forced Hollywood ending. But we can live with that when everything else was so freaking grand. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:29 AM
Midnight toker

Day of the Dead (2008)- First watch, doubt I'll be watching it again...
Old 01-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
Day of the Dead (2008)- First watch, doubt I'll be watching it again...
You were flicking through the channels and fell for the trap as well? What was it? Film4?

The Ferrets like it...
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post

A 26 year old actress plays a 15 year old girl who pops acid at her first party - soon shes on uppers/downers/sidewaysers etc all the time recording her teenage whining in her diary...Bill Shatner with tash and glasses says he'll play her dad if he gets top billing despite less than 10m ins of screem time..Andy Griffith plays a priest and and Robert Carradine appears as a teenage acid head..

This is based on the real life diaries of an anonymous teenage girl who died of a drug overdose back in the 60's (by based I mean totally made up) and was at one stage required reading for every 12 year old...
Okay, you think that was bad, I recently saw:

Starring Robert Downey Jr. & Keifer Sutherland as two young hippies telling the whole story of the troubled 60s. Bruce Dern & Mariette Hartley as dad & mom, with Winona Ryder as little sis. From the same guy who brought you On Golden Pond. All was not golden this time. Rather sappy & superficial.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
Lucky Number Slevin (2006). This case of mistaken identity will keep the viewer guessing until the end. At one point i was all full of myself having figured something out, only to find that i was sucker punched by falling for the bait. The biggest complaint would be the beginning is a bit fast paced. Learn to keep up people! This is a witty, dark, at times cute, and ultimately stylish flick for the guy that can keep up. The cast was sublime, and everybody did their jobs perfectly. Lead Josh Hartnett killed his part, keeping everybody guessing 'till the end. The dialogue was fun and witty, the story was awesome, and the direction was great. The cinematography was at time playful and then frenetic, especially when increasing the body count. Don't worry for those that cannot keep up, the ending will literally be spelled out you. The only thing that was not up to par was the forced Hollywood ending. But we can live with that when everything else was so freaking grand. Ashe.
d
I concur. A fast, fun neonoir that anybody can enjoy.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie359 View Post
The Descent
And your take on this flick?

Alot of ppl have been very against this movie here at HDC, mostly males for obvious reasons...but this movie is high on my fav list because it would have scared me even WITHOUT the monsters....I mean, those scenes getting stuck...ooo:eek: