Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 11-22-2012, 04:08 AM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
A few a week. I use to not really watch them if I've seen it before I would just use movies as background noise. But since turing cable and internet off I pay attention more. It does vary on how many I watch normally 1-2 a night even on work days. May not alway be horror though. Depending on my mood. Righw its been a lot of anime. Library has slim picking... does anyone know any good horror themed anime? I've already seen Hellsing.

Last edited by nightmare_of _death; 11-22-2012 at 04:10 AM. Reason: phone didnt type everything correcly
Old 11-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Little Boo

Not as much as i would like, about twice a week, but finding it harder to find good ones

Mens Online Magazine for Comic Art, Entertainment, Interviews, Games, Models, Technology, Shopping
and much much more !!!!

Old 11-25-2012, 01:35 PM
The Boogeyman

Yeah I know. I still wonder why I watch horror films because nothing really sticks out anymore. I just now go wow that horror film had a good plot....or that was a good movie, no longer that scared the hell out of me.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:03 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Pik View Post
Yeah I know. I still wonder why I watch horror films because nothing really sticks out anymore. I just now go wow that horror film had a good plot....or that was a good movie, no longer that scared the hell out of me.
I have the same symptoms. I watch them infrequently now, but I keep up watching twilight zone episodes to keep my hunger satiated. I feel like I've watched most of the horror films I'll need, so I no longer trust the content out there. Before I felt this way, it was at least two a day. That ran out quickly though.

On our shared symptoms, I'm pretty sure we're just getting acclimated to the tropes of horror. It's not that we can't get scared, we just know what's coming. Modern horror either relies on jump scares or "body as a temple" work to scare us, and that's hardly any fun anymore. That's why we lean toward character-driven plots that project importance in our daily lives.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:31 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

What you're describing is pretty normal for the horror fan. Most horror fans don't get frightened easily by a movie, after seeing many "extremely frightening" movies. They settle in and enjoy them as a kind of fun, and then occasionally something unusually scary comes along and its frightening qualities stand out.

Horror entertainment, like anything, I suppose, can become a relaxing routine...

Friend....gooooood!

Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Hellraiser

Every few days normally, pound shops are good for old horrors i end up picking loads up
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 PM
GORE~geous

Everyday......
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Little Boo

I usually get to watch 1-2 a week. When I have extended weekends I usually get to watch a few extra.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Little Boo

Funny, I find myself reading about horror movies more than actually watching them anymore. I'm easily scared, too, so I have to psyche myself up.
And cultural revolution right away begun!

--Gogol Bordello

They always were afraid that I was schizophrenic
--Gogol Bordello
Old 12-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Little Boo

Not a whole lot. Although I have a few lined up on Netflix to watch. Been watching a lot of documentaries lately though. Sometimes those can be plenty scary in and of themselves.