Old 08-24-2018, 06:02 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Where I used to live at in Virginia was similar only they thought they were way too big for their britches. I live in a town up in that tip in Virginia where Kentucky is on one side and West Virginia is on the other. We had a state championship wrestling team in high school for 27 years in a row I believe so naturally Our Town thought it was better than Jesus even though if you don't believe in Jesus you might as well be the devil. people always treated me differently there even from the time I first moved there as a small child from St Louis and I was viewed as an outsider by everyone even though that's where my mother was born and raised. I never felt right there and on top of that everyone was Christians and not just Christians but Southern Baptist Christians who many would describe as religious extremists in some of their methods. I feel really weird and out of place in Las Vegas as well now but to be fair I just moved it to thousand miles away from home and I've only been here for 3 months now. It's a learning experience and I'm not even sure that I'm going to want to live here the remainder of my days as I just love to Travel and there is still so much out there for me to see. I spent so much time in my life focusing on wanting companionship or friends and I've realized that if all I ever do is Chase dreams then I'm going to miss out on reality.
I think all small towns in the South are like that when it comes to sports, especially football. My high school thought that their little football team was the greatest thing on earth and of course I never gave a damn about football or any other sports.

I wasn't exactly raised with religion but I did used to go to Sunday school at a Southern Baptist church myself before I decided to quit going and gradually became an atheist. I think the thing that turned me away from religion the most was when I started to realize that I was gay. I've had to put up with so many people treating me bad and telling me that homosexuals needed to die and burn in hell and all that other crap. So I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to believe in a God who says that I'm going to hell for something that I KNOW for a fact is not a choice. I didn't choose to be gay I was born that way. Believe me if I could have made the choice to be straight (or at least bisexual) it would have solved so many problems in my life.

But I think I need to quit ranting about my own personal feelings about religion lol.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:23 AM
Banned

I'm sure you're not the only one here who has issues with or has struggled with religion at some point in your life. I just found it pretty. The way everyone acted back home in regards to how crazy they would act but then think it would be okay because they are a Christian and they can just ask for forgiveness. I mean I have known people that are so fucking batshit crazy they would tell me that they would killer kids that God told him to do it. This same crazy-ass Fruit Loop tried to say that whenever she saw evil people she could see them as literal demons and this same lady cheated on her husband, the second highest ranking police officer in the county, with someone who had no job, no intention on trying to find a job and someone who's just leech off of them and had no problems taking and breaking bread with the man who was going out risking his life everyday to support his family while his wife was getting fucked while he was at work. Their excuse? They are Christians and they are not perfect but they can ask for forgiveness and God will forgive them. I just love how they use that as an excuse. Seeing as how Christianity and started three Crusades leaving Millions if not more dead in the name of God. I'm just wondering when are we going to get a Fourth Crusade where everyone who isn't Christian just goes after everyone who is... I mean it the world's going to get nuts why can't we at least get nuts in the right way for once? We are going to wipe someone out by not someone who would actually benefit the world being gone? Sorry... I also get really worked up and bent out of shape over religion. It's nothing more than a system of control through fear and a way to make money. I mean if Joel Osteen isn't proof of that I don't know what it is. I wish someone would pay me 128 million dollars every 5 years so I can stand in front of everyone and tell them lies and have them and one every word as if I am Jim Jones or something.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:34 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Yeah I figured out a long time ago that the vast majority of Christians are hypocrites. They say that murder is a sin yet so many people throughout history have been executed and killed in wars all in the name of God and Jesus. They say only God can judge people and yet they themselves are always quick to judge people for not living up to their standards. Some Christians would even try to drive you into committing suicide for not being perfect because the sheer act of being human is a sin and then mock you saying that you are going to hell because suicide is an unforgivable sin. And I totally agree with you about Christians thinking that they can do bad things all they want and it will be all be OK because God will personally forgive them just because they believe in Jesus. I see that kind of thing all the time.

I feel like the religion itself borders on narcissism.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Banned

Old 08-24-2018, 05:25 PM
That fucking Guy...

Sorry morningriser. No drug paraphenalia to be posted on the main page/s yeah?
I'd usually like to take a look...though posting such pics on here isn't really gonna fly.
Feel free to talk about it, and/or show me or any other interested parties in message though.

Well, today we were going to take River to see her first movie. Local cinema was showing the Lion King again. As you can tell I'm talking in past tense.
She decided to pull the "not listen to anything or follow any directions at all or eat her breakfast" 4 year old type shit...so we are teaching her about consequences and the importance of listening.
Maybe next time.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 08-24-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I can't wait to see my baby neice. I can't believe how much she looks like my brother in those pictures! I guess we have strong genes in our family lol.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Banned

I never really knew that was a rule here but okay... I live in a legal State now but I will keep that in mind.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:25 PM
Evil Dead

Taking each day as it comes...Life sucks right now
Old 08-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrows View Post
Taking each day as it comes...Life sucks right now
It sounds cliche but all we can do is hang in there. Believe me, I I am hanging on for dear life at times but at the end of the day that's all we can do.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:53 PM
Evil Dead

Naw man fuck hangin'...you gotta keep grindin'...get yer game up tight Scrows.