Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to azathoth777 Send a message via Yahoo to azathoth777
Just got and watched Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre last night. It's by the same director who did Men Behind The Sun and is just a good and disturbing as it.
i demand and expect quality.
right now, once and for all.
quality time.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

knockabout
Old 10-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Evil Dead

The Heirloom.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

bichunmoo

korean swordplay film
Old 10-18-2006, 04:10 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Marebito"

Just plain weird.

"Rinne"

Thought it was quite good.

It was easy to see that Shimizu had got more money on his hands and that he had brought something with him from USA. Good CGI. :Cool:
Old 10-19-2006, 04:04 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by omcdave View Post
did you like it? i loved it and Rinne too both great films...did you see the ghost school movies...whispering corridors...momento mori...wishing stairs?

I canīt really say that i liked "Marebito". I didnīt find it scary at any time, just weird. That was disappointing, coz iīll always connect the name Shimizu with scary ideas. "Marebito" had none of those.

"Rinne" on the other hand, had a few nice scares and a good horror story that didnīt look TOO much like Ju-on ("Ju-on: the grudge 2" comes closest). And i loved the scene where the girl is looking at the broken glass in her hand and sees the killer from the past, while in the past the killer looks at the blade on his knife and sees the girl from the present. That was awesome and new and reminded me of the scene in "Ju-on the grudge 2" with the ghosts of the future and the hanging couple, remember? Fucking original!!!

And about the Ghost School movies... Iīve only seen "Wishing stairs". That was enough for me. Except for the last 10 minutes of the movie, "wishing stairs" just reminded me of some drama about shoolgirls and their problems. Didnīt need to see more of that series after that.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Demonic Taco Sauce Packet

Send a message via Yahoo to caioneach
Well, my most recent viewing wasn't something I hadn't seen before.

Mermaid In A Manhole

I enjoy this movie quite a bit and agonize over my lack of ability to kill the mermaid myself and get the shit OVER with! Nice movie to squirm to, either over the WAY "over the top" gore, the agonizingly drawn out lonjevity of a diseased pus squirting bare chested cutie of an asian mermaid (Yeah, it's wierd feeling attraction to something that's oozing pus all over the place).

Anyway, see it, own it. You'll be piping with pride showing it to your friends and watching them squirm through the flick!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:20 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by omcdave View Post
thanks for getting back angra sorry you did not like the ghost school movies...try say yes very fucked up. and thanks caioneach i will look for this movie today on ebay.

Anytime Dave. ;) :)
Old 10-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to BloodRedFlower
Here's something I've done inspired by the (few) asian movies I've been watching. It's not frightning, but.. just tell me what you think if you want to :o

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40873347/
Old 10-21-2006, 03:56 AM
Your funeral... my trial

Branded to Kill. Surreal, black and white gangster film. Quite a few of the shots and set pieces in this film are astonishingly beautiful. Recommended, but not for the short attention span set.