Old 05-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Titty Twister

ANOES Remake

4/10
Old 05-22-2010, 07:21 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

What a fantastic film. I am getting really impressed by these masterpieces of French cinema. The whole film has a subtle underlayer of suspense running through, and the backdrop of the French Resistance during Nazi occupation conveys a very strong message of anti-war sentiments. The background shots are absolutely awesome, the direction crisp and the actors are brilliant. This has been hailed by critics as a lost masterpiece, and I couldn't agree more.

Return, Alky, Fort, Psycho d, Chrono, NE, Elvis, Zwoti, anyone else loving French film noir...see if you can find this near you. Trust me totally and blind-buy Army of Shadows asap.
Noted! Adding to my Netflix queue now... Thanks - Looks fantastic!

Speaking of Nazis... Finally saw Dead Snow. Thought it was really good, though I think that a lot of the humor in the dialogue got lost in translation for me, but the gore is simply fantastic. Plus, it's Nazi Zombies. I mean - AWESOME.

4/5. Recommended.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Misanthrope

I've been meaning to hire Dead Snow. Read some reviews that said it was pitiful but that never stops me when it comes to horror flicks.

-------

The Crazies

I liked this one more the first time round but it's still a solid film. I was thinking it would've been great to have seen this before Dawn Of The Dead because it does throw a somewhat of a shadow over it with its similarities. Wanted to watch this again before I checked out the remake.

Felon

This really took me by surprise and I really enjoyed it. Gritty and downbeat prison film. I thought the reason for the main character going to jail was a lot more interesting than the usual films of this type. Sure there was the usual cliches but this was entertaining as hell. I forgot how great Stephen Dorff is as an actor... totally underated, he really outshines the majority of actors working today.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:26 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Heck yes. Great film.

-----------------------------------------

Date Night (2010)

Eh, it's okay. Pretty standard stuff, really. The funniest bits seem to be the ad-libbed dialogue.
Some pretty decent action sequences though that I really wasn't expecting.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Bad Natured

[Lesbian] Vampire Killers (2009). What's not to like? The title says it all, and those that did not appreciate the wicked humor of this one simply do not like horror comedies. This witty little comedy never takes itself seriously and never strays from its intended purpose, which is to make the viewer laugh; and laugh i did. Pretending to be a dick flick, instead LVK uses this notion upon which to make light of itself. The acting was fun for what it was, with relentlessly humorous dialog that came off as natural. The direction was spot on for its intended purpose, and the camera work and lighting gave an almost musical feel to this laughable flick. Overall this was a very fun and lighthearted horror comedy. Merci beaucoup.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:29 PM
No redeeming qualities

The Crazies (2010)--7/10. Not a classic, but a good, entertaining flick.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Inquisitor Generalis

Dead and buried (1981)

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it."
Old 05-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Misanthrope

I fucking love Dead & Buried. Dan O' Bannon ruled. RIP.

Hot Rod

Couple of really funny moments. Nothing amazing but it killed the time and filled my mood for something mindless.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)

>>: B

The Book of Eli (2010)

>>: B-

The Human Centipede (First Sequence) (2009)

>>: B
Old 05-24-2010, 05:09 AM
Bad Natured

Vacancy (2007). Instead of relying on cheap scares, torture, and gore, this little flick instead gives chance to some decent character development and then places our endearing characters into harm's way. Luke Wilson and Kate Beckinsale do their part and make for a believably troubled couple whose marriage is unraveling. As well, their response to the misfortune ahead are more in line with what normal people would do, normal people which seem conspicuously absent in most horror flicks. Frank Whaley's part is simply fantastic with the only complaint being a lack of screen time. The story itself had a nice Hitchcockian feel to it, more of an homage than a crutch. The direction and camera work was solid. The sense of grounded frame composures which devolved into some dynamic hand held scenes was perfect for effect. The sense of claustrophobia that was instilled by some of the shots was almost palpable. The denouement left much to be desired, but it was not so bad as to detract the viewer from checking this one out. Ashe.
derek

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.