Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-14-2006, 07:46 AM
whatever gets you through

Marvel Horror

Remember the classic old Marvel Horror characters - like Son of Satan, Man Thing, Ghost Rider, etc. Whatever happened to all of those great demonic characters?
Old 01-14-2006, 11:40 AM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

Re: Marvel Horror

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero
Remember the classic old Marvel Horror characters - like Son of Satan, Man Thing, Ghost Rider, etc. Whatever happened to all of those great demonic characters?
man-thing got made into a crappy sci-fi tv. movie and ghostrider's getting the silver screen treatment.

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:17 AM
That fucking Guy...

Ghost rider has had two "full" series, the "original" (Unless you count the guy on horseback) has had a mini-series out in 2003, and again, one that started in 2005, I believe it's still running.

Seems dc bought out man-thing...?

Marvel has made a few darker titles, and does go back into horror here and there, although not that much. They're currently only really running the ultimate universe, and the standard marvel universe...there are a few darker characters here and there, but they're not really on the horror thing anymore. Marvel Knights titles usually stray closer to horror than most, but most of the time theyre just darker tales.

If it HAS to be marvel, check out "marvel zombies" miniseries...not exactly hardcore horror, but set in an alternative universe (introduced in ultimate fantastic 4) where the worlds heroes and villains have developed a plague that turns them into sentient zombies, their personalities still intact...apart from craving the flesh of the living. The series is set at a point in time where the heroes and villains have run out of "food", having eaten pretty much everyone on earth. Seems quite interesting, a little gross, also funny.

For more actual horror comics, I'd suggest looking at some titles from Dead Dog comics, a few from image, and IDW.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:33 AM

when i used to collect - i loved the Defenders, they always had spooky satanic sort of plots. i never understood how some marvel heroes dealt with "the devil" and others lived in a world almost devoid of that sort of stuff (although i do remember the X-Men fighting Dracula)
Old 01-24-2006, 12:01 AM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

crossovers get messy,alot of titles avoid it all together

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mothermold
crossovers get messy,alot of titles avoid it all together
yeah - they rarely ever worked very well - i remember all the DC/Marvel crossovers were always the messiest - with no real impact on continuity, which i thought was a pity