Old 10-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
Richard Kelly

I know he's only made one film (Donnie Darko) but that film was amazing. I am definitely looking forward to his next film. He seems to have lifted his standards with is previous film hence the long time he has taken on getting another one out there. The next Richard Kelly film from what I can gather (thanks avenger00soul) is about a school being torn down. Beneath the school they find a time capsule full of drawings by little kids. Each drawing is of a famous event in history. So basically the kids pictures have been predicting the future. One of the pictures hasn't happened yet. So the one who finds it has set out to attempt to keep it from happening. Sounds interesting I think. Kelly has a knack it seems for things having to do with time travel and time passing. Could this be another one of those "sealed fate" movies like Donnie Darko was??? I dont' know. Sounds great though. I also hear that Kelly is going to collaborate with Eli Roth on something.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:55 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via ICQ to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via AIM to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via Yahoo to SCREAMERatorX
that does sound like a freaky story.... i like it.
great concept!! a time capsule of drawings by kids... now i need 2 know more,, but that little sample is enough to wet the tasteYbloodBuds... cheers.
Donnie Darko, havnt seen that either... ive seen nothin.. oh well, plently of time... if i take time...?....

'time travel and time passing'
timing, in general, is an interesting topic..

what do u mean "sealed fate" movies ??
Old 10-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by SCREAMERatorX

what do u mean "sealed fate" movies ??

You definitely need to see Donnie Darko man. I watched it a long ass time ago and it's been consistantly one of my favorite movies ever since. Very creative and original. All star cast. A must see. Pay close attention to the film. Watch it again. Then research it even to draw even more out of it.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:10 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via ICQ to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via AIM to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via Yahoo to SCREAMERatorX
Quote:
Pay close attention to the film. Watch it again. Then research it even to draw even more out of it.
as always.... im a 24/7 researcher, i analyse every second i exist.

CHEERS.. Donnie Darko,, its on the mustSee list.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Evil Dead

Good deal man. You'll probably love it if you stay focused while watching it. It's got some of the best dialogue of any film I have ever seen. It stars Jake Gyllenthal, Maggie Gyllenthal, Patrick Swayze, Drew Barrymore, Noah Wylie, and the little girl who played Samara in The Ring. I'm sure many more people will whore the movie on you when they log on it. It's got alot of fans. Definitely a cult film of our time.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
His next movie is supposed to be great as well. He's also working on a script with Cabin Fever scribe Eli Roth. Should be awesome.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:55 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Plot summary for Kelly's next film: Knowing.

"A water main breaks, resulting in repair crews unearthing an elementary school's time capsule. But when the chairman of the town's historical society opens the capsule, he finds more than he bargained for. Full of children's drawings, the sketches are predictions of the future. But one child's pictures are much more than ridiculous future worlds. Each sketch accurately predicts some of the greatest tragedies from the past fourty years. Only one of the drawings has yet to come true. In a race against time, the chairman sets out to prevent the last drawing from becoming a reality."
Old 10-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Cryptkeeper

All I know about the film he is working on with Eli Roth is that it's called The Box and it's based on a Richard Matheson story. Sounds fucking great to me.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to donniedarko3
yes, you definitely need to see donnie darko, now. drop what you are doing. rent it, buy it, whatever, just see it.

and "the box" sounds awesome, could i ask where you heard that from so i could check it out myself? thanks
Old 11-07-2003, 07:49 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by donniedarko3
yes, you definitely need to see donnie darko, now. drop what you are doing. rent it, buy it, whatever, just see it.

and "the box" sounds awesome, could i ask where you heard that from so i could check it out myself? thanks
It's all over the internet and in interviews, but check out fangoria.com. They are always reliable.