Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-02-2007, 03:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Add 60GB of storage to it, bundled with a broadband connectivity, and you got a kickass console on your hands.
THe 360 just released the "Elite" 120GB hard drive, upgraded hd-dvd/dvd drive, and it's only $480. I honestly think that blue-ray is going to be a big flop. The reason I like the 360 so much is because it can interact between multiple device's, microsoft is making all of their new products to interact together, something that I really enjoy. IEThe 360 can take songs, music, video from your computer and vice versa, the new windows vista is going to be able to let you game with people cross-platform, you can use your live name on the computer, this whole new Windows Live, imo is huge. In the upcoming months they are adding a messenger application to the 360, where you can talk to people on the computer, or in game on the 360. They are coming out with a little keyboard that plugs into the bottom of the controller, and fits right in the handles. This is by far the best system I've ever played, besides the NES :D

I agree I would as well like to have a wii, I seen one on the store shelf when I went to look at it some guy came and got it :mad: I do plan to get one however though whenever I see one next time, even if it mean I have to throw a little kid out of my way :D
Old 05-02-2007, 05:59 AM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
wow this is a toughy really.

When both companies did the launching and invited users to come along and test their new consoles..em afraid the xbox queue was much longer than wii.
I think it was displayed on youtube somewheres..if i remember this correctly.
Over here is a huge price war but this is happening with everything..ranging from consoles to petrol to bread.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Mad Inventor

I think PS3 effectively priced itself out of the running. 360 has a lot of loyalty since it reached the market first, but I know more people who have or want a Wii.

(what the hell were they thinking when they named it Wii?)
Old 05-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Evil Puppy

The PS3 sales will pick up eventually but their price, lack of exclusives, and the fact that they still don't have anything coming close a system seller is really hurting them right now.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
As soon as they lower the price and bring out more games, the PS3 will be like the ps2. Dominant. The wii is shit in my opinion and the 360 is good. I'm just a sony guy though. Always have been, always will be.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 05-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to chaibill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
As soon as they lower the price and bring out more games, the PS3 will be like the ps2. Dominant. The wii is shit in my opinion and the 360 is good. I'm just a sony guy though. Always have been, always will be.
always been a sony guy so you have only been playing since '94, '95
DOG SOLDIERS
SAW, THE OTHERS

THE EXORCIST, 28 DAYS LATER, 28 weeks later
PSYCHO, FRIDAY THE 13th movie series
Martyrs, DAWN OF THE DEAD
Old 05-04-2007, 03:45 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
I'm just a sony guy though. Always have been, always will be.
Well you won't be for long...... after this system flops, their doomed. Their stockholders are already selling their stocks, as they don't have the confidence in them no more ;) so long sony fan boy :D
Old 05-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaibill View Post
always been a sony guy so you have only been playing since '94, '95
considering I was only born in 92, yes.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 05-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to chaibill
Maybe you should try some others I really would like to get a Nintendo DS

And I just ordered a PS2 on ebay so what are some great games. I want to get the Hitman games that were not on the Gamecube, and the Silent Hill games. What else in good?
DOG SOLDIERS
SAW, THE OTHERS

THE EXORCIST, 28 DAYS LATER, 28 weeks later
PSYCHO, FRIDAY THE 13th movie series
Martyrs, DAWN OF THE DEAD
Old 05-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaibill View Post
Maybe you should try some others I really would like to get a Nintendo DS

And I just ordered a PS2 on ebay so what are some great games. I want to get the Hitman games that were not on the Gamecube, and the Silent Hill games. What else in good?
There's a new game coming out called Odin Sphere that looks fantastic. I'll be picking that up for sure. It's a 2D sidescroller that has RPG elements. Oh, and you plant fruit that eats souls and then you consume the soul laden fruit to gain exp.

Almost forget, it's odd that the biggest selling points for the PS3 are graphics and blu-ray. Blu-ray hasn't really hit it big and there are cross platform games like FEAR or Spiderman 3 in which the 360 version looks better for one reason or another (and in FEARs case it only has the loading times on the PS3).

Last edited by Despare; 05-04-2007 at 03:56 PM.