Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I think she has an incredible voice, but it's not my style at all. I hate the song as well.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Gizmox

I may of got lost somewhere and misunderstood, but Lacuna Coil are not satanic.

Anyway, I actually like Evanescence, got some elements of Goth Metal in their music and lyrics but nowhere near as good as the wonderful Lacuna Coil.

If they had the so called rapping like they had in Bring me To Life in every song, I wouldn't listen to their music, but thankfully that singer doesn't appear in any other songs on their two albums.

I love her voice, and that is the reason I like listening to them, but the guitar playing in parts is very repetitive and the same old riff that appears in most of the songs get very boring over time, so I don't listen to their music lots as so not to go off the band. Listen to them no and again.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Since when does it require talent to be successful??This band is popular ONLY because it is pushed by a MAJOR record label and they have backing. Forced on MTV everyday what 11-17 year old doesnt buy whatever MTV force feeds them? Just listen to their guitar riffs or background music, its not BAD. Its just uninspired, rehashed, and lame. Ill admit that the SINGER has talent. But lets face it, those band members could(and probably should be) replaced by anyone and no one would notice.

Im just tired of bands like this with generic ass songs getting blasted with praise and record offers while ORIGINAL bands like Muse and Lecuna Coil (who are pretty decent BTW satanic, not something i would probably BUY but talented and you can HEAR it in ALL aspects of the songs) go on without publicity, major label backing, and decent management and end up slipping through the cracks unnoticed.

And more great music goes unheard and unwanted.....
So basicaly you think that anyone MY AGE "I happen to be 15" doesn't have a brain of thier own, and that the're going to buy anything that mtv says is "cool" Well I HATE most of the CRAP that mtv calls "Buzz Worthy" They ALWAYS OVERPLAY crap like-50 cent, rooney, the white stripes, the backstreet boys, The strokes, Beyonce, sean paul, J'lo, R kelly, etc.etc. guess what I DO HAVE A BRAIN and think that I know what I like!!!! Just because they tend to "overplay" a couple f bands that I like doesn't mean that MTV forced me to like them! I liked those bands BEFORE they started to "overplay"them!:mad:

Sorry Arioch,but I CAN'T STAND BEING STEREO TYPED!!!
I do hope that I didn't ofend you

Last edited by Wicked Lady; 12-14-2003 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:21 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Lady
So basicaly you think that anyone MY AGE "I happen to be 15" doesn't have a brain of thier own, and that the're going to buy anything that mtv says is "cool" Well I HATE most of the CRAP that mtv calls "Buzz Worthy" They ALWAYS OVERPLAY crap like-50 cent, rooney, the white stripes, the backstreet boys, The strokes, Beyonce, sean paul, J'lo, R kelly, etc.etc. guess what I DO HAVE A BRAIN and think that I know what I like!!!! Just because they tend to "overplay" a couple f bands that I like doesn't mean that MTV forced me to like them! I liked those bands BEFORE they started to "overplay"them!:mad:

Sorry Arioch,but I CAN'T STAND BEING STERIO TYPED!!!
I do hope that I didn't ofend you
well, you aren't stereotyped, but 90% of the kids out there are
admit, Im a huge metalhead, I love freaky shit, I always was the freak in school, never fit in, since I was not HIP, back then metal wasn't that cool with kids
I just hated the mainstream shit, acting populair that stuff
but most of the kids in my school just ACTED like they loved wearing that type of clothes, listening to that type of music
It still is like that today, my sister is going through the same shit as I was, it's really hatefull since mtv gives an ideal image of boy/girl, but like, don't try to copy that, be yourself, like you wickedlady
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 12-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
So basicaly you think that anyone MY AGE "I happen to be 15" doesn't have a brain of thier own, and that the're going to buy anything that mtv says is "cool" Well I HATE most of the CRAP that mtv calls "Buzz Worthy" They ALWAYS OVERPLAY crap like-50 cent, rooney, the white stripes, the backstreet boys, The strokes, Beyonce, sean paul, J'lo, R kelly, etc.etc. guess what I DO HAVE A BRAIN and think that I know what I like!!!! Just because they tend to "overplay" a couple f bands that I like doesn't mean that MTV forced me to like them! I liked those bands BEFORE they started to "overplay"them!
alright, didnt mean to throw you into there, but you gotta admit. at LEAST 90% of kids your age ARE into whatever mtv throws at them. You may be one of the exceptions, and thank god for you guys, but you gotta admit most people wont even look for good music anymore. They just buy whatever mtv sells them. Mad props to you since your obviously not that way. I must admit i respect you alot more now that i know this about you. Dont submit to that coorporate bullshit mtv. You dont need that that shit, no one does.

Dont worry you didnt offend me, just put me in my place:D nice job, glad to know your not the stereotypical teen i had assumed up untill this point you were.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:10 PM
Undead

IM 16 !
i listen to:
Emperor,Immortal,Mayhem,Burzum,Cannibal Corpse,Darkthrone,Exhumed,Anorexia Nervosa,Arcturus,Dissection,Carcass,At The Gates,Dimmu Borgir,Cradle Of Filth,Norther,Death,Morbid Angel,Dark Funeral,Satyricon...and many more Black/Death Metal bands and i dont think any of those bands play often on MTV...
Old 12-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Undead

Actually, that's not true. I saw Carcass on TRL last week.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Undead

yeah but its not played OFTEN like bands as Linkin Park or Evanescence! :p
Old 12-16-2003, 08:55 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by HalkX
Actually, that's not true. I saw Carcass on TRL last week.
Hahahaha. I don't think Halkx can be trusted. Good joke though.

Oh, apparently not everyone thinks Evanescence sucks. They got 6 grammy nods and one of their members quit. How funny is that?
Old 12-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Undead

Thumbs down

people who choose who win grammy have bad music tastes...