Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 PM
For Vendetta

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Warner Bros. opts not to do a traditional "Man of Steel" sequel

Warner Bros. kicked Saturday at Comic-Con with a big announcement:

Batman and Superman will pair up in a new movie as the follow up to “Man of Steel.”

Zach Snyder, who helmed “Man of Steel,” is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay.

Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in summer 2015.

The new Batman has yet to be cast. Christian Bale has, however, said he would not return to the role. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane are all returning.

Studio and the director made the announcement of the the Superman and Batman match-up to 6,000 people inside Hall H at the San Diego Convention Center, at the end of its panel.

During the brief presentation, Snyder revealed the film’s logo.

The studio and DC Entertainment has been considering several options for its superhero films, including a “Man of Steel” sequel for 2015, a Flash movie in 2016 and the Justice League film for 2017.

Warner Bros. has indicated that it planned to bring back Superman for a 2015 film if “Man of Steel” performed up to expectations. The film’s worldwide box office has hit $622 million since its June 14 launch. ”The Dark Knight Rises,” starring Bale, topped $1 billion in global box office last year.

The Batman-Superman movie could match the box office prowess of “Marvel’s The Avengers.” That 2012 Disney release, featuring Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk and Thor, amassed $1.5 billion worldwide.

It would also move the Burbank studio closer to its long-planned all-star superhero pic “Justice League” — finally fully exploiting its DC Comics library beyond Batman and Superman.

Justice League” would bring to the screen such characters as Aquaman, the Flash, Wonder Woman and another Green Lantern, whose costly 2011 predecessor flopped.

“Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere,” said Diane Nelson, president of DC Entertainment. “All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Snyder said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...-film-20130720

Last edited by _____V_____; 07-20-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Bronson

I vote Michael Fassbender as the new Bruce Wayne!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Evil Dead

I have always struggled with this partnership.I mean,Superman can do anything,he is Superman.Whereas Batman is human,and very limited in what he can do.

I just dont see how the two can be joined in one movie.

Batman has all his toys but Superman can simply fly away,or move a mountain with his bare hands,or laser the moon in half with his mighty gaze.

Or am i missing something here?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 AM
RJ Bland

I know they've got to come up with something new but I just can't get my head around this. They're two very different stories and characters and I fear they're just merging them because it's going to generate a lot of cash. Well, actually I KNOW that's why they're doing it.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Bronson

Well there's a whole bunch of different D.C. story lines where Supes & Bats work together (and against each other). Didn't really think it would work as well as say, Marvel studios doing The Avengers (where as those story lines are alot lighter than the Nolan produced/directed D.C. films). WB was gonna re-boot the batman franchise anyway in 2015 with Nolan producing and Goyer writing with a new actor & director. Not sure if this project is that, or if they are going to do both. However, the organic world that Nolan has created with the D.C. characters are way more interesting to me than The Marvel films.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Baby Fiend

Send a message via Skype™ to SpiderCupcake
I'm a bit confused as to why this thread or any threads about superheroes (i.e. Man of Steel, Batman and Superman teaming up, Upcoming Avengers...) are on this site. Superheroes are not classified as horror. And this forum is "Upcoming HORROR Movies" NOT "Upcoming Movies" I will probably end up seeing each of those because I love batman and Marvel Comics are my favorite so I will definitely see the new Avengers but this is not the forum to be posting about such things.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:44 AM
For Vendetta

Ben Affleck is the new Batman!

Ben Affleck could play Batman across numerous films and may still direct Justice League

Quote:
Ben Affleck's casting as Batman in Man Of Steel 2 was easily the biggest news of last week, and the doubters had better get used to the idea of seeing Affleck as the Dark Knight for a while.

According to an official press release, Affleck's Batman is going to be “a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter”.

Director Zack Snyder explained the casting in the press release, stating: “Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman."

Snyder added: "He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal [and] retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

Heat Vision reports that Affleck has actually signed a contract to play Bruce Wayne across numerous films, with Man Of Steel 2 only the beginning.

The website's sources state that Affleck "has been signed for multiple movies" in the event that further sequels are greenlit. Those sources add that other movies could include another standalone Batman and an appearance in Justice League.

Talking of which, Heat Vision notes that Affleck's deal could see him finally accepting a directing gig on Justice League - a job he apparently turned down earlier this year.

Shooting on Man Of Steel 2 is expected to kick off in February 2014 and wrap in August 2014.

Man Of Steel 2 opens 17 July 2015.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...aid-yes-613658

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/ben-af...man-of-steel-2
Old 08-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Banned

I have no problem with this
Old 08-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Evil Dead

I've been a Batman fan for close to 50 years, and , for the moment, I don't see any major problems with this. Whe I finally see some actual footage from the movie then I'll make my judgment. Until then, lets hope for the best.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:06 AM
No, fuck YOU

Epic FAIL!!!

Not that i really give a shit, but i would rather prefer either Bradley Cooper or Ryan Gosling for the role.