Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM
whatever gets you through

berberian sound system - quite good if a bit trippy at the end.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Evil Dead

I watched Martyrs for a second time last night. It's been nagging me to get in my top 25 all time, but I can't in good conscience have a movie I've only seen once in there. I also needed to make sure it was still enjoyable already knowing the left turns it had in store. It was. I think I gave it an 8/10 the first time around, and a 9/10 the second. (It also helped that the second time was subtitled, while the first was crummy English dubbed.)
Old 06-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Shaun of the Dead (2004). It was a British film. I would rate it as a eight out of ten. I did not consider it laugh out loud funny, but it was still a pretty good spin on the zombie genre. The acting was pretty good (you cared about all the characters, even the least likable). One strange thing is that, for me, even though you could feel for the characters, it was not really that emotional when they died. Quite strange. Overall, the film was really good.

Last edited by metternich1815; 06-26-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:38 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
Shaun of the Dead (2004). It was a British film. I would rate it as a four out of five. I did not consider it laugh out loud funny, but it was still a pretty good spin on the zombie genre. The acting was pretty good (you cared about all the characters, even the least likable). One strange thing is that, for me, even though you could feel for the characters, it was not really that emotional when they died. Quite strange. Overall, the film was really good.
Shaun of the Dead is awesome! :)
Old 10-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Hellraiser

Phenomena (1985)

Another Dario Argento goodie
Old 11-28-2013, 03:59 AM
Evil Dead

I watched Mario Bava's Lisa and the Devil last night. Very enjoyable movie. I can admire a film that throws out conventional narratives and just follows dream logic. It was like someone combined Last Year at Marienbad with an EC comics story. A very mellow and surreal movie, perfect for late night. Nice music, and Elke Sommer is beautiful. The setting and cinematography is were easy on the eyes as well. Despite Bava, this isn't a hard horror film, so don't go looking for shocking stuff in this one, although there was one brutal death. It was more of a dark, dreamlike wondering in an old European mansion.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Little Boo

Send a message via Skype™ to bblgmpink
Sleeeeep Tight

I really liked Sleep Tight, a Spanish film. I don't quite know that it's "horror" but more of a psychological thriller. It's about a man who is dead set on making EVERYONE completely miserable. It's pretty intense with a super fucked ending. It left me thinking about it for days after watching. I enjoyed Kill List too! The House on the Edge of the Park is a favorite of mine. It's soooooo sexy!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Little Boo

Send a message via Skype™ to bblgmpink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I watched Martyrs for a second time last night. It's been nagging me to get in my top 25 all time, but I can't in good conscience have a movie I've only seen once in there. I also needed to make sure it was still enjoyable already knowing the left turns it had in store. It was. I think I gave it an 8/10 the first time around, and a 9/10 the second. (It also helped that the second time was subtitled, while the first was crummy English dubbed.)
The dubbed version of Martyrs is SHIT! That movie is tops. Totally one of my favorites.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
I watched Mario Bava's Lisa and the Devil last night. Very enjoyable movie. I can admire a film that throws out conventional narratives and just follows dream logic. It was like someone combined Last Year at Marienbad with an EC comics story. A very mellow and surreal movie, perfect for late night. Nice music, and Elke Sommer is beautiful. The setting and cinematography is were easy on the eyes as well. Despite Bava, this isn't a hard horror film, so don't go looking for shocking stuff in this one, although there was one brutal death. It was more of a dark, dreamlike wondering in an old European mansion.
I noticed last night, that it's on Amazon Instant Streaming / Prime. Added to watchlist. Hopefully I'll get to it soon. Sounds intriguing, and I like Bava.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:55 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I noticed last night, that it's on Amazon Instant Streaming / Prime. Added to watchlist. Hopefully I'll get to it soon. Sounds intriguing, and I like Bava.
I definitely recommend that it's a great film. Also check out if you're in the mood for it, The House Of Exorcism it's basically Lisa and The Devil remixed with added exorcist ripping off ingredients good for a laugh but not to be taken too seriously.

Last edited by Fearonsarms; 12-04-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added word