Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Misanthrope

Sheitan was a pretty strange film. The whole raver thing kinda ruined it for me.
Real excited about seeing Inside I've heard nothing but good things... should have a copy by the end of the week hopefully.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned

Just watched INSIDE.

What a sick, twisted fucking movie.

I loved it.....thought it was better than Haute Tension
Old 05-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Misanthrope

Watched Inside last night. Very cool. It's impressive cinematography gave it some really creepy moments (loved the scene with the chick outside her window) and the gore was top notch. Really diggin' the strong entries to the genre from '07 and early '08 its been awhile since there's been a consistant run of great flicks.
...and if you haven't seen Inside definatley give it a spin, its brilliant. I hope Them kicks my ass as much as this one.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:00 PM
HDC Idol

Glad that you liked Inside. The more I think about it, the more I realize it's such a brilliant horror film. And, seriously, I haven't been that scared by a Big Bad since Mike Myers (scared the HELL out of me the first time I saw halloween - and he still haunts my nightmares occasionally).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire1 View Post
Liked Frontiere(s), but preferred Sheitan which is pretty much in the same vein. Vincent Cassel is, for once, over the top but in a good way. It's a pretty gross film as well.
I actually just saw Frontiere(s) last night and... well... I guess I was a little disappointed. Based on how much I liked Ils and Inside, I really thought that Frontiere(s) would be just as brilliant, but I thought it was just... derivative. It was like Texas Chainsaw Massacre meets Hostel meets... Nazis.

I don't know - The movie wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a particularly good derivation. Maybe I'll check out Sheitan, though.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Analrapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I actually just saw Frontiere(s) last night and... well... I guess I was a little disappointed. Based on how much I liked Ils and Inside, I really thought that Frontiere(s) would be just as brilliant, but I thought it was just... derivative. It was like Texas Chainsaw Massacre meets Hostel meets... Nazis.

I don't know - The movie wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a particularly good derivation. Maybe I'll check out Sheitan, though.

I felt the same way. To me it was just lacking and a bit of a mess. Bored me a bit as well. It was ok, but it pales in comparaison to the others, that's for sure.

With Sheitan, I was shocked that I liked it, since I loathe Cassel and movies centered around french wankstas usually turn me completely off. But it was surprisingly dark humored, distasteful and so over the top at times, that it turned out to be really fun and enjoyable... for me at least.

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Apockalyptik

Inside was such a dark and brutal movie. I think french directors decided to shock a little, because others movies like that are comming this year, like Frontier(s).

Last edited by Apockalyptik; 05-29-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:23 PM
I kick ass for the lord

Inside (À l'intérieur)

Don't know if this one has been covered here yet but has anyone seen Inside (À l'intérieur) from directors Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury? I bought a copy over the weekend and just got finished with it. Overall I really liked it but I do have a few criticisms. Namely the CGI, having to see the baby move around inside it's mother just took away from the film, I had a difficult time taking it seriously whenever the baby is looking terrified and waving it's hands around. I also didn't like the ending, I was hoping it would go a different direction. Otherwise it was fast paced (though short), creepy and had a generous amount of gore/blood.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:05 AM
Mark It 0

just watched inside as well, and this movie was bloody good time, it's up there with high tension...Good story and bloody
Old 08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
mheiseus

New Wave of French Horror

I saw this interesting article about the new wave of french horror that is coming out.

http://www.greencine.com/central/frenchhorror

It talks about the new school of directors in france that is turning horror on its ears.

give me your take on it
Old 08-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to La Chat Noire
I'm definitely no expert on French horror, but of the three French horror movies I've seen (Inside, Them, High Tension), I've been very impressed. They've all seemed less typical or predictable I guess than many of the American and Asian horror films I've seen. I'm curious to check out the other five films on that list.