Old 05-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Nightmare City. One of those Italian zombie flicks from the early 80's. The make-up on the zombies wasn't that impressive but it was an OK movie and I liked how the zombies weilded weapons. There were a lot of scenes of random women having their blouses ripped open and their bare breasts eaten by the zombies...
Old 05-21-2018, 08:00 AM
Evil Dead

cast of Wicker Tree

Boy, Christopher Lee must have really needed the money to appear in this movie. Well, sometimes an actor has to take the part that's offered. As Peter Cushing once said, on the insecurity of an acting career: "An actor's last job is his last job."
Old 05-24-2018, 08:24 AM
Evil Dead

alternate title

Lisa and the devil is also known as House of Exorcism. I thought that Lisa and the Devil was a cut-down version on tv of House of Exorcism, but I just checked imdb, and it's the other way around.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:28 AM
Evil Dead

little seen movie, I think

How about The House of Exorcism, also known as The Finishing School? Lilli palmer, for some reason, is beautiful even though she has bags under her eyes. Also in this movie is Maribel Martin, who co-starred in The Blood Spattered Bride. And I think the kid who play's the headmistress's son was in Vampire Circus.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:54 AM
Evil Dead

Suspiria

I was saw Suspiria referred to as an "I dare you to watch this" movie. I guess because of the insects.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:44 AM
Evil Dead

they didn't mention Palmer's horror movie?

That's so typical of the New York Times. In Margot Kidders, obituary, they didn't mention "Sisters."
Old 06-05-2019, 11:54 AM
Hellraiser

Stage Fright (1987) an Italian slasher also known as Aquarius/ Bloody Bird. The movie is visually very stunning and the kills are fun and creative. Oh and the killer wears a giant owl head for the majority of the movie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stageFright.jpg (14.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-25-2019, 09:37 AM
basementdwellingnay-sayer

Here's a classic from 1987 that no one outside of ex-Yugoslavia has seen. A version with English subtitles does exist but it is really hard to find.

Reflections AKA Deja Vu AKA Vec Vidjeno

Great story and acting. it's a slow burn with character development all the way through to the end as a piano teacher slowly descends into madness. The last 15 minutes of this movie will stick with you for the rest of your life. One of the best endings to a movie ever. Absolute top notch acting and storyline. When a man snaps. When a woman uses and throws away the wrong man. The good old psycho boyfriend has never been done better.

This movie criticized communism and was released in communist Yugoslavia. I guess the quality alone let it get past the censors back then. Plus Anica Dobra naked back when she was young.

I could not find a way to watch the full movie online in English. Download it.
Here's a youtube video of some of the best parts with English subs. So what if it's a spoiler, watch this and I think a lot of you will want to track it down and watch the whole thing.

There's 2 awesome kills and a good story not included but track it down to watch the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HsXpRBtX2s
Old 01-12-2020, 07:27 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

I finally got my DVD copy of "Four Flies On Gray Velvet," a rare and early film from Dario Argento, about a drummer with a stalker whom he confronts and believes to have accidentally killed, only to have have another stalker taking pictures of this incident, wanting to blackmail him and his girlfriend with the evidence, only it is not the money the stalker wants. The stalker refuses to state what they actually want. This one takes a lot of twists and turns, making it look as if the stalker is one person, then reveals it is actually somebody else, multiple times throughout the film. There are even twists and turns showing what originally appeared to be is not how it actually is multiple times as well. It is also well shot, well directed, and well edited to look good, interesting, and intense throughout the whole film in the classic old school done right artsy and gory format. The characters are also well developed with the actors all doing very good jobs at portraying their roles. There is also a shocker at the end, showing the actual killer and stalker to be somebody entirely different from who most of its audience thought it was, no spoilers being revealed here. Even the kill scenes in this film are very clever, well thought out, and well performed, not to mention well directed, well shot, and well edited. Those into Dario Argento's cult classic from the 1970s and 1980s should not be disappointed in this film.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:15 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up Umberto Lenzi's Eaten Alive

This one begins in Niagara Falls and New York City with a lone young foreign guy stalking random individuals, waiting for the right moments, before blowing poison darts at them through a straw, killing them instantly, only to end up getting run over and killed by a truck when attempting to escape the police on foot on the streets of New York City. The guy turns out to be from a would be cult who believes to be finding salvation by returning to nature out in the heart of a Far Eastern jungle under a man named Jonas, who previously fled NYC when wanted on different counts of different charges. It also turns a lady's missing sister is now a part of that cult, and went to the jungle with them. The lady travels to that part of the country, meets up with a trained fighter and survivalist as they attempt to find her sister and where this cult, and especially Jonas, currently are. This one really goes all out with the old school done right artsy and gory extreme classic horror. It has a graphic scene of a large and long anaconda catching and devouring a wild monkey, another graphic scene of another anaconda catching and devouring another not so large snake, and a canoe with people being attacked by large alligators. That last one had three survivors, only because one had a gun, using most of his bullets to shoot and kill of the alligators, but they then had to fight off and outrun different groups of different cannibals in order to avoid getting killed after that. There are also plenty of graphic scenes with the cannibals catching other people before cutting off body parts, then eating the raw body parts while sucking the fresh blood at the same time. This one is definitely a lot more extreme than the average horror film, and is not for the faint of heart. It is overall well done with everything looking real, well developed characters, good plot, and story line. There is also good drama and dialogue, developing most of the main characters, along with plenty of great scenery and good background. Those into Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Mario Bava, Roman Polanski, and the like would most likely enjoy the cult classics from this director like this one, "Eyeball," and "The Rat, The Fist, and The Cynic."