Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-17-2006, 12:47 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I haven't been working on it much lately, been focusing on the kids poems and the latest screenplay. I'll get back on track with it later next month.

thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated:D

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 09-14-2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I ain't afraid'a no ghost

Send a message via MSN to stygianwitch
I think it'd make a great movie,

one of those that starts at the end, opens with the room full of blood and then goes on to tell how it happened :cool:

DVD
Old 09-18-2006, 03:55 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

good call, that's exactly how I pitched it. Cops find the murder scene - play the tape - go mad themselves and begin attacking one another:eek:

family fun.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-12-2007, 11:27 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

---deleted---

Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 09-14-2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:34 PM

How far along are you with this now? when can we expect to be able to buy the finished article.... soon i hope :)

DVD
Old 02-15-2007, 02:35 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stygianwitch View Post
How far along are you with this now? when can we expect to be able to buy the finished article.... soon i hope :)
you've read what I have. I've been waaaaaay too busy with screenwriting to give ti the proper attention, but I had a day off earlier in the week (and I hate to go a day without writing) so I jumped back into it.

Probably going to be a short story. 20 pages or so.

Francis Bacon
Old 02-17-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
you've read what I have. I've been waaaaaay too busy with screenwriting to give ti the proper attention, but I had a day off earlier in the week (and I hate to go a day without writing) so I jumped back into it.

Probably going to be a short story. 20 pages or so.
Looking forward to the finished product :)

DVD
Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Smarten up the character a bit. Surprise people. The character's good for film, but for print, you need to add some more traits the reader isn't expecting. The writing's crisp, sharp, intelligent, but the character needs something to distinguish him from other old rocker archetypes.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Author

Excellent writing--quite polished for a first draft, if that's what it is.

I definitely got a great sense of the character. I was surprised when I learned he was only 37. I felt he was much older than that, and maybe that is what you intended--I think it is.

Might be a bit stereotypical (aged rock star, feeling lonely, used, spent), but it seems to be working so far.

Good luck on finishing it up!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:19 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror_Writer View Post
Excellent writing--quite polished for a first draft, if that's what it is.

I definitely got a great sense of the character. I was surprised when I learned he was only 37. I felt he was much older than that, and maybe that is what you intended--I think it is.

Might be a bit stereotypical (aged rock star, feeling lonely, used, spent), but it seems to be working so far.

Good luck on finishing it up!
Thanks, it is a first draft...and I've never approached the form before. I've been a songwriter-turned screenwriter. I just really want to try this, see ifI can do it, you know, always searching for the next challenge.

Now I just need the time and motivation to complete it - too many other deadlines!:eek:

Francis Bacon