Pirate of Bengal

Four (2011)

A fun little moderate Britt thriller.

>>: B-

From a Whisper to a Scream (1987)

>>: B+
Old 08-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Evil Dead

I watched Macabre.I just love it when films are so gory you get people slipping over in blood when theyre trying to escape!.Dara has got some fine chainsaw skills I tell thee!
I also watched The Divide,not a horror of sorts but more a nightmare vision of the near future.It was entertaining as I genuinely didnt empathise with any of the characters ~ they were all pretty doomed anyway.Huzzar!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara View Post
I watched Macabre.I just love it when films are so gory you get people slipping over in blood when theyre trying to escape!.Dara has got some fine chainsaw skills I tell thee!
I need to check out Macabre might give it a spin in the weekend.

I really dug The Divide one of the best films so far this year.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I need to check out Macabre might give it a spin in the weekend.

I really dug The Divide one of the best films so far this year.
You wont be disappointed with Macabre.Its just full on gore!To be fair there are some genuinely spooky bits and (I WONT SPOIL IT!!) when Dara takes the baby to the butchers table even ,I, old iron guts here ,briefly thought "hell no!! surely not!!!"
Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
You wont be disappointed with Macabre.Its just full on gore!To be fair there are some genuinely spooky bits and (I WONT SPOIL IT!!) when Dara takes the baby to the butchers table even ,I, old iron guts here ,briefly thought "hell no!! surely not!!!"
Sounds fucking great! :D
Old 08-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Evil Dead

Oh and 'The Clinic 'is an interesting one to watch http://youtu.be/4eZ4a1coI2s It was creepy
Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
I also watched The Divide,not a horror of sorts but more a nightmare vision of the near future.It was entertaining as I genuinely didnt empathise with any of the characters ~ they were all pretty doomed anyway.Huzzar!
Ah a gore fan-you should check out Adam Chaplin an absolute carnage of a gorefest. Mad mad movie.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Entertaining but strange mixture of nasty violence and almost slapstick comedy. Lee Marvin is excellent as the drunken irishman Colonel Flynn O'Flynn. You will barely recognise Ian Holm under all the make-up.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Welt am Draht aka World on a Wire (1973)

Directed by one of the most critically & internationally acclaimed German art-house film maker Rainer Werner Fassbinder, this is the first direct film adaptation of Daniel F. Galouye's Simulacron-3...a novel that also inspired THE THIRTEENTH FLOOR (1999).

Originally aired in 1973, as a two-part TV miniseries in Germany, this is a slow burn noir-like, quite strange sci-fi flick that fairly share similar theme like modern blockbusters BLADE RUNNER (1982), THE MATRIX (1999) but without any help of CGI and still quite remarkably told the story through concentrated more on mood and character development than action or entertainment value. For its surrealistic tone with dark humor & slow pace in the length of 205 minutes, this may not be a 'right film' for everyone but a must see for any ardent sci-fi lovers.

>>: A
Old 08-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post

Entertaining but strange mixture of nasty violence and almost slapstick comedy. Lee Marvin is excellent as the drunken irishman Colonel Flynn O'Flynn. You will barely recognise Ian Holm under all the make-up.
have this in my Netflix queue