Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-30-2008, 11:11 AM
josh gura

dead girl comes to life in crypt scene help

i was watching tv too late in 1979 or so, and there was a movie in black and white where two men go to a graveyard and go into an underground mausoleum/crypt/tomb after a girl was freshly interred.

there was a scene which gave me nightmares. she was alive down there, or rather back from the dead, and she walked toward them in slow motion

again, the film was black and white (i believe) and she had dark circles around her eyes. i feel like it was a 50s or 60s film.

i think it might have been lucy from dracula (after recent searching) but i have been watching dracula movie after dracula movie trying to find this scene.

also, it could be based on an edgar allan poe story. any help would be highly appreciated!

thanks
Old 05-01-2008, 11:12 AM
SteveDestiny

White Zombie has a scene like that but...need more info about the film you
saw, what else do you remember?

Last edited by SteveDestiny; 05-01-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:44 AM
josh gura

really?

i just saw white zombie, and that's not it.

to specify, the graveyard was flat, and the entrance to the crypt was flat on the ground, and the two men had to climb down into it.

the vibe of the setting was kind of victorian or british. this film might be pretty old, but i dont remember whether it was a silent film or a talkie. i dont think they showed many silent films on tv in the late seventies... but then again, i dont remember

not sure why they went into the crypt, but i think something bad might have happened to them cause she looked really scary.

so she was more or less freshly dead and buried in an underground crypt that looked like a tiny apartment, in form at least.

Last edited by josh gura; 05-02-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: didnt want to double post