Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music

Old 03-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Little Boo

Exclamation Can You Identify This Spooky Music? :)

Hi,
I am hoping someone here can help me out. I came accross a song that contains a sample of a spooky melody. When I hear this sample I KNOW I have heard it before and I am thinking it comes from some scary Movie or TV Show, probably from the 70s or 80s.

I have watched and listened to SO MANY things that I thought it might be, from Trilogy Of Terror to the Brady Bunch but have had no luck. It's driving me nuts because I just cannot place it.

Can you please give it a listen and see if you know what it is?
I have made a snippet available here:

www.rhythmscholar.com/audio/wallysample.mp3

Any help in identifying the source would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!

- Rhythm Scholar

P.S. This snippet comes from DJ Wally - I Must Be Mad. I am interested in the ORIGINAL source of the spooky melody.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
This reminds me of Maniac Mansion, there were some cool melodies in that game...I can't say for sure that this tune came from that game (I haven't played that one in quite a few years), but it did make me think of it...Perhaps this is from some video game, even if it's not from Maniac Mansion...Have you considered asking on a games forum?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:33 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
This reminds me of Maniac Mansion, there were some cool melodies in that game.
Holy smokes! I used to love that game.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Holy smokes! I used to love that game.
OMG...I just reread this, and I realized something...I didn't mean 'Maniac Mansion', I meant Monster Party...I played both games at the same time, and I mixed up the titles

I swear, I must be losing my mind...Then again, it was a REALLY long time ago :)

Oh, and I loved Maniac Mansion also :D
Old 03-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
This reminds me of Maniac Mansion, there were some cool melodies in that game...
After you suggested Maniac Mansion, I spent some time on youtube listening to the music from it. Although the music in the game is cool, it is not what has been sampled.

I WAS excited though to have a new avenue to check, because I did have that game 20 years ago and it was well worth checking out.

Thanks for the suggestion! I even checked out some OTHER game music from years past.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

:)

- Rhythm Scholar
Old 03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm Scholar View Post
After you suggested Maniac Mansion, I spent some time on youtube listening to the music from it. Although the music in the game is cool, it is not what has been sampled.

I WAS excited though to have a new avenue to check, because I did have that game 20 years ago and it was well worth checking out.

Thanks for the suggestion! I even checked out some OTHER game music from years past.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

:)

- Rhythm Scholar
HaHa, we posted at the same time...Try Monster Party...I specifically thought of the part where the zombies dance
Old 03-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Little Boo

Monster Party Youtube Videos = done.

As I suspected, Monster Party is not the source of the music I am looking for. I had never played that game before so I thought it was a long shot that I had some distant memory of music from it. Thanks for the great ideas, though. I have looked up other games I used to enjoy and have also watched a bunch of horror movie clips in hopes of hearing what I was after.

If you have any more ideas, please let me know! :)

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

- Rhythm Scholar
Old 03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
OMG...I just reread this, and I realized something...I didn't mean 'Maniac Mansion', I meant Monster Party...I played both games at the same time, and I mixed up the titles

I swear, I must be losing my mind...Then again, it was a REALLY long time ago :)

Oh, and I loved Maniac Mansion also :D
Did you ever play The 7th Guest? That game was amazing and had a weird, great MIDI soundtrack too.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Did you ever play The 7th Guest? That game was amazing and had a weird, great MIDI soundtrack too.
WHOA! I had never heard of that one, so I just looked up info on it, and now I can't understand why or HOW I could have not only not played it, but not even been aware of it!...Thanks so much for my newest obsession, I will now be attempting to find a way to play this game :)

@Rhythm Scholar, sorry I couldn't help
Old 03-14-2010, 02:17 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
WHOA! I had never heard of that one, so I just looked up info on it, and now I can't understand why or HOW I could have not only not played it, but not even been aware of it!...Thanks so much for my newest obsession, I will now be attempting to find a way to play this game :)
Oh man, it was so great. It was one of my very favorite games as a kid (I think it came out in 1993). There were puzzles and strange scenes and a genuinely interesting plot. And like I said, the music was great too.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Here are some for sale on eBay, although I imagine you'd have to find some kind of platform to run the game through, since it was made for nearly 20-year-old computer technology.

Tags
music, scary, song, soundtrack