Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Banned

BLITZ

It was pretty good
Old 08-31-2011, 01:47 AM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I loved Romper Stomper-but I guess it could have done with more violence.
I think it had just the right amount. Nothing I would want changed about this movie.

How would you include more violence with out disrupting the story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 08-31-2011, 02:52 AM
Culte des Mortes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I loved Romper Stomper-but I guess it could have done with more violence.
This is going to sound really weird, but a neo-nazi punk (one of my friends neighbors) recommended this to me years ago. Now before you get the wrong Idea, we talked to him because we were both into punk and he defiantly looked punk, so we went over to his house and talked to him (only once). This was one of the movies on his list of best movies ever. We checked it out to see what it was about, there were really good scenes, but some of it was boring, like him drooling over Mein Kampf. Anyway, when Russel Crow got big, we were like, hey I know that guy, he was from Romper Stomper.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Love is like dying

sleepaway camp

going to watch sleepaway camp 2 and 3, still not ever watched them yet.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:20 AM
Roll up! Roll up!

I watched "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" on BBC2 last night.

I liked the film generally but I think some characters were unsure of their actual motivations. I think that the mother character didn't really work. She didn't seem to hold any Nazi values at all despite being the wife of the commandant of what it presumably Auschwitz. That she didn't know of or approve of the extermination was fine, and realistic. That she didn't seem to have any negative feelings towards the Jews seemed to be at odds with what her character should have been. She seemed upset at the labour camp enough before realizing that it was an extermination camp. This would have worked had it been a regular German family, because of course not everyone was fanatically devoted to the regime. She seemed a bit too unsure and clueless for the wife of a commandant and SS man, though.

The kids were good and the ending, whilst shocking, was very good and very tastefully done.

I think the highlighting of the hypocrisy of the Nazi state was brilliant. The idea of one soldier being sent to the front line for disloyalty for not denouncing his father by the commandant with a disloyal wife - and her calling him out for just that - was very good and a very real part of that culture.

Overall, a very good film. I'm just not that keen of kids, they kind of piss me off with their innocence. But hey, maybe I'm just bitter because the cold light of reason hit me pretty early on...a reference to the quote (that I forget exactly) at the beginning of the movie.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:24 AM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarre View Post
I watched "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" on BBC2 last night.

I liked the film generally but I think some characters were unsure of their actual motivations. I think that the mother character didn't really work. She didn't seem to hold any Nazi values at all despite being the wife of the commandant of what it presumably Auschwitz. That she didn't know of or approve of the extermination was fine, and realistic. That she didn't seem to have any negative feelings towards the Jews seemed to be at odds with what her character should have been. She seemed upset at the labour camp enough before realizing that it was an extermination camp. This would have worked had it been a regular German family, because of course not everyone was fanatically devoted to the regime. She seemed a bit too unsure and clueless for the wife of a commandant and SS man, though.

The kids were good and the ending, whilst shocking, was very good and very tastefully done.

I think the highlighting of the hypocrisy of the Nazi state was brilliant. The idea of one soldier being sent to the front line for disloyalty for not denouncing his father by the commandant with a disloyal wife - and her calling him out for just that - was very good and a very real part of that culture.

Overall, a very good film. I'm just not that keen of kids, they kind of piss me off with their innocence. But hey, maybe I'm just bitter because the cold light of reason hit me pretty early on...a reference to the quote (that I forget exactly) at the beginning of the movie.
still not watched that yet, i brought the book 3 years ago not read it yet.i wanted to watch the movie but thought i should read the book first
Old 08-31-2011, 07:35 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
how was thor?
A good entertainer, liked it.

Loft (2008)

This is a pretty cleverly plotted an excellent Whodunit murder-mystery-thriller from Belgium. Gave it a watch as soon as I read lately that an American remake (starring Karl Urban, James Marsden & Rhona Mitra) is on the way from the same director (Erik Van Looy) of this original.

Highly recommended.

>>: A

The Alzheimer Case aka The Memory of a Killer (2003)

From the same director of ^LOFT^, this time it's an intense crime aka cop thriller with great characterization & that comes with some engaging performance from a good cast of actors. Erik Van Looy's this film is also getting an American remake treatment which is currently in development by Focus Features, Universal Pictures' independent boutique.

Highly Recommended.

>>: A

Very much looking forward to check out more thriller films in coming days from Erik Van Looy.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Evil is Better

Ice Road Terror
Typical SyFy Original Movie. No build up at all. The monster killed someone in the first two minutes and then appeared in the first eight. Still i know what to expect when i watch these movies and it was a lot better then Roadkill, the last SyFy movie i watched, so i enjoyed it.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Evil Puppy

CHUD II: Bud the Chud
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Banned

Wanted: Dead or Alive

not as much fun as I seem to remember

but it still has my man Rutger in it.