Old 11-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Drunken B-Movie Reviewer

Alpha Girls - It's more like The Craft, than a slasher like the trailer portrays, but not a bad flick.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicknero View Post
Lucifer Valentine's Vomit Gore trilogy (2006-10)
I don't think the trilogy is something I'd recommend to anyone but I'm glad I gave it a chance.
Really? I found them lacking in every aspect possible, the only thing he managed to do right is put pictures onto a screen. His personality (all the having sex with his sister, bs Satanism, CONSTANT pimping of this movies, etc...) while he promoted himself here was annoying as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
Just finished watching Inside. Jesus Christ. I had heard that movie was brutal, but I wasn't expecting that. I really need an aspirin now.
I watched Martyrs and Frontier(s) which people touted as being more intense than Inside to me... they were wrong.

I watched Halloween II, Movie 43 (what a piece of crap), Pet Semetary, and Pontypool today. It was a housework day...
Old 11-06-2013, 02:10 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Really? I found them lacking in every aspect possible, the only thing he managed to do right is put pictures onto a screen. His personality (all the having sex with his sister, bs Satanism, CONSTANT pimping of this movies, etc...) while he promoted himself here was annoying as well.
Hence my not recommending it to anyone. But glad I gave it a chance? Yes.

I personally had a connection with parts of what was going on with Angela there but obviously it's a totally subjective thing and down to one's own life experiences I guess.

I'm pretty sure I said nothing about them being good films or Valentine being a likeable guy... I daresay other films that I like are made by people I wouldn't be too fussed about going for a pint with. I can see totally why Valentine and these films arouse something of a lynch mob around the internet.

Last edited by Sicknero; 11-06-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:20 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicknero View Post
Hence my not recommending it to anyone. But glad I gave it a chance? Yes.

I personally had a connection with parts of what was going on with Angela there but obviously it's a totally subjective thing and down to one's own life experiences I guess.

I'm pretty sure I said nothing about them being good films or Valentine being a likeable guy... I daresay other films that I like are made by people I wouldn't be too fussed about going for a pint with. I can see totally why Valentine and these films arouse something of a lynch mob around the internet.
People dig different things and I didn't say you recommended those flicks, just gave my opinion about them. His films carry the cinematic weight of Two Girls One Cup for me. I think Ferox likes his stuff though...
Old 11-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I only seen Slaughtered Vomit Dolls and I did actually like it. I loved the pseudo intellectual crack whore rambling voice over. Different strokes I guess. Strangely I never bothered or got around to watching any more of his stuff.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
...His films carry the cinematic weight of Two Girls One Cup for me...
Oh I don't know. I thought the sub-textual metaphorical analysis of the socio-economic history of Western Europe in Two Girls was quite insightful and engaging.

Sorry, just being silly :-)

Finally got to see Sharknado, every bit as shamelessly crap as I expected. Great stuff.

"Hold still a minute Sharkey, you seem to have some Tara Reid stuck in your teeth."
Old 11-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
@Immortalslasher - I really enjoyed Trick R Treat. I'd never compare it to Halloween and it does have its flaws, but I thought as a nice little anthology it worked well. For me it was more about capturing the spirit of Halloween rather than being truly scary. It's like the stories you'd tell around the bonfire - were they ever really scary? Or were they just slightly unsettling, pretty fun, and based around some absurd twist? :p Good review though.
I think I enjoyed it for the feel of Halloween. It's probably just a case of being over hyped a bit. At least for me.

I think some campfire stories are scary. At least I remember moments. In high school there was a girl everyone liked. I don't think many even knew her. She was kind of pretty at least more than the average girl at our school. But she wasn't model beautiful. Anyway, we were in camp and I was in her group. Our teacher decided to tell stories at night after eating hot dogs and beans over the fire. There were only about 6-10 of us in the group and it was dark maybe 11 or so at night. The pretty girl had a scary story to tell. I don't remember the story but she had a flashlight and aimed it right under her face. I remember how it illuminated her face at night and how she looked at me to try to scare me with a sinister smile. I thought she was one of the coolest girls in that moment and we never even talked before that. It's just something that I remember every time I think about scary campfire stories.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Little Boo

Send a message via Skype™ to aciddrop
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
Just finished watching Inside. Jesus Christ. I had heard that movie was brutal, but I wasn't expecting that. I really need an aspirin now.

I just watched this movie again. It's definitely... interesting lol
Old 11-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Evil Dead

So I followed up Inside with Martyrs yesterday. Mother of god. The French sure do love to watch women suffer. Overall I liked it, but I will never watch it again. I have to agree that Inside was a more intense movie, in that I felt more drained afterward, but Martyrs was no picnic. I still have yet to see Frontiers and High Tension, but they are in my queue.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:19 AM
HDC's old chick

Hansel & Gretel Get Baked

Not the worst movie I've ever seen. I was surprised at the amount of gore. I kept getting distracted by Lara Flynn Boyle's face. It's time for her to stop going to the plastic surgeon. Hell, her lips didn't even move! She's starting to resemble Michael Jackson.

Tags
movie