Old 01-04-2009, 01:51 PM
HDC Idol

Zebraman

I've FINALLY watched this movie and - what fun!!

SUPERHEROES VS. ALIENS!

A fantastic superhero romp that lampoons Japanese Manga Super-heroes while at the same time creating a seriously charming character and a great hero tale.

Miike showcases his talent and love for the super hero genre in his own hero origin story. Quirky and eccentric, this movie revolves around a dejected school teacher whose only escape in life is to dress up as Zebraman, a short-lived television show superhero. Miike creates some fantastic superhero parodies while simultaneously creating a fantastic, fun superhero action movie.

I highly recommend it.

4/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
The Red Shoes. I had been waiting quite a long time to see this, and was mildly disappointed. The ending left a little too much to be imagined.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Chanbara Beauty [Onechanbara] (2008)

Japanese chicks-in-bikinis & cowboy hat fight against zombies.....wasted time!:mad:

>>: D
Old 01-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Hellraiser

Yeah i was the same with Red Shoes, was abit too ambiguous, but im gona watch it again and see how it goes down a second time.
Watched Cure last night, v disappointed. Nothing compared to H, which was released about 4yrs or so ago, and has a similar plot but much more content and a great twist ending.
Cure - 6/10
H - 8/10
Old 01-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Undead

Last night I watched Ring again. For some strange reason I found it scarier this time.

Searching for an Ingrid Pitt look-alike ANYWHERE :P.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:20 AM
HDC Idol

From this year's After Dark Horrorfest:

Du saram-yida (Voices)

It was refreshing that ADH once again decided to bring a foreign film into the mix (ADH I, after all was the vehicle for 2005's gem Rinne). Voices is directed by amateur Korean director Ki-hwan Oh. The story centers around a high school girl whose life takes a turn for the worse when her Aunt is almost murdered on her wedding day and then all of a sudden her friends, family, and confidants seem to want her dead.

Not your typical Asian ghost movie, Voices examines the human monster in all of us: jealousy. How often do you say to yourself, "I could KILL them!" either in rage or in irony - There's a point where the phrase "I'll KILL you/him/her" has become an expression of speech and, incidentally, has lost all meaning. Voices considers the concept: What if that urge became real? What if you couldn't control that urge? What if those around you couldn't control that urge? A base, everyday emotion suddenly becomes a legitimate threat.

There are also some well-done supernatural aspects to the film. Ki-hwan Oh creates some truly haunting imagery and suspense that literally caused me to jump in my seat. I felt true horror and threat for the plight of our heroine; what would you do if your friends and family suddenly tried to kill you?

Perhaps what is most striking about Voices is Ki-hwan Oh's ability to truly put the audience in the shoes of our heroine; when she's in love at the beginning of the movie, you're surrounded by cheesy stereotypical Asian flourishes while, when she's haunted in the end you are caught up in a truly suspenseful and atmospheric film.

An innovative addition to Asian horror, Voices has been a true highlight of the festival. I highly recommend.

4.5/5

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:59 AM
I will eat you flesh

Audition

I got round to watching AUDITION last night and I did enjoy it but thought that its was overated for what people told me about it........but gave it 6/10

was strange ending but I made my mind up he was dreaming all that bad shit up that happened to hime because when he woke up again she was in bed still then when he went back to sleep he fell into that awful nightmare again please tell me if I wrong but thats the way I got it.......
Old 01-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Casshern.

beautiful looking film ... not without they typical asian chiches .. but still very interesting.

there was a little too much theatrical posturing - very typical of asian male actors ...
a love story that - as usual - wasnt fleshed out in any way shape or form ...
we're just to accept that these people were inseperable.

i did like the the way things wrapped up in the end though - the explaination.

all in all i like the film ..
Old 01-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Seven days in a Coffin (2003)

>>: D
Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 PM
No, fuck YOU

"CJ7" 8/10

Liked it a lot.