Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-12-2005, 12:56 PM
No charge for awesomeness

So wait... Did massacre get banned for something unrelated to this thread or was he really banned for just asking a stupid question about a movie that most of us believe he should have already seen?

If it's from something else, then I have no reason to say anything, but if he just got banned for asking what movie Ash was from, that'd be pretty fucking weak.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
So wait... Did massacre get banned for something unrelated to this thread or was he really banned for just asking a stupid question about a movie that most of us believe he should have already seen?

If it's from something else, then I have no reason to say anything, but if he just got banned for asking what movie Ash was from, that'd be pretty fucking weak.
no .. he started shitting up an entire forum with repetative garbage.
I was all for it - it was a useless waste of space ..

i rarely think banning is in order ... in this case it was justified..
Old 08-12-2005, 02:14 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
no .. he started shitting up an entire forum with repetative garbage.
I was all for it - it was a useless waste of space ..

i rarely think banning is in order ... in this case it was justified..
Okay, that'll do then. Thanks for filling me in. He's obviously a younger kid and I didn't think it would be right to ban him just for being dumb, but as long as there were more reasons than just this stupid question in this thread, I have no objections.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
No way. in my opinion Evil Dead is the definition of a fun horror movie.

And Return! You HAVE to see Evil Dead 2. It's great. But don't rent, renting's a damn waste of money. I bought my copy of Evil Dead 1 and 2 for about $9 each, new at bestbuy. That's about 4 dollars more than borrowing a scratchy, smudgy one at blockbuster for a few days before getting sucked into all their small-print bullshit.
I love Evil Dead 1&2 I just love Bruce in Bubba. I think he was just amazing in that......so that is where it gets the edge. But I agree that the other movies are classics and hilarious.

And oh well about the guy getting banned. at first I thought he was MM..........but MM had alot more going for him when it came to movies than that. :rolleyes:
Old 08-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by nine9
I love Evil Dead 1&2 I just love Bruce in Bubba. I think he was just amazing in that......so that is where it gets the edge. But I agree that the other movies are classics and hilarious.

And oh well about the guy getting banned. at first I thought he was MM..........but MM had alot more going for him when it came to movies than that. :rolleyes:
I'll give you that. Bruce actually did kinda' give a heartwarming performance in Bubba Ho-Tep. It was probably his best acting performance too.

But movie-wise, nothing beats the Evil Deads.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:47 AM
Living Dead

Location: little town called bacup...we even have an elm street here!!!
Quote:
I'll give you that. Bruce actually did kinda' give a heartwarming performance in Bubba Ho-Tep. It was probably his best acting performance too.

But movie-wise, nothing beats the Evil Deads.
which one of them is your faves?? n dont u think braindead deserves a mention along with evil dead...that was also gory n funny
Old 08-13-2005, 07:56 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by 1428elmstreet
which one of them is your faves?? n dont u think braindead deserves a mention along with evil dead...that was also gory n funny
I haven't seen Braindead actually. But in response to your other question my answer was very difficult...I love both of them for very different reasons. But my fave has got to be Evil Dead. Evil Dead II I love as more of an entertaining and funny movie. And I love the commentary for that one. But nothing beats the scares or gore of the first one.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:00 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
I haven't seen Braindead actually. But in response to your other question my answer was very difficult...I love both of them for very different reasons. But my fave has got to be Evil Dead. Evil Dead II I love as more of an entertaining and funny movie. And I love the commentary for that one. But nothing beats the scares or gore of the first one.
but there are 3....you are forgetting the last one.....army of darkness......there are 3 endings for that one...i see a different one on tele all the time!! u HAVE to watch braindead...if u like evil dead u will love this one...its very similar except whereas ash has a chainsaw...this dude puts a lawn mower round his neck n chops people to bits!! its pretty good
Old 08-13-2005, 08:02 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by 1428elmstreet
but there are 3....you are forgetting the last one.....army of darkness......there are 3 endings for that one...i see a different one on tele all the time!! u HAVE to watch braindead...if u like evil dead u will love this one...its very similar except whereas ash has a chainsaw...this dude puts a lawn mower round his neck n chops people to bits!! its pretty good
Haha. I'll definately be checking that one out.

I actually don't consider Army of Darkness part of the 'Dead' series. The only links are Ash and the Book of Dead.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:15 AM
Living Dead

yeah i suppose...but if its the same char then its kinda the same film...although some people call it evil dead III but its called army of darkness....totally messes my head up at the end!! yeah i strongly suggest you get braindead...let me know what you think of it when u see it!