Old 10-29-2005, 01:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Friday the 13th its on right now :-) gotta love the ACM channel.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:40 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by AmericanManiac
Friday the 13th its on right now :-) gotta love the ACM channel.
They've been doing a horror marathon for like 4 days now! It's awesome except that I own 75% of what they're showing.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:58 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Airplane!

Hilarious. Absolutly, positivly hilarious.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Evil Puppy

Repulsion - I thought it was pretty good, I liked the sense of anxiety created throughout the movie. It was slow and seemed to drag at some points but that's excusable. I wouldn't buy it but I'll watch it again, maybe on Halloween.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Adding dark humor to a horror film is Bruce Campbell's forte. Not so much in "Evil Dead", but a tad in "Evil Dead 2" and a whole lot in "Army Of Darkness".
So...just wondering if anyone has seen "tha man with the screaming brain" yet? I've got a copy sitting here (have had ot for about 2 weeks actually), truth is, I know fuck-all about it, but I'm hoping it's cool....anyone?

Last 2:

Crash - It was interesting to see different viewpoints on racial tension...I mean HERE, it's not that bad, but some of it definately hit home. Very well done film, nice musical score...leaves you feeling a little overwhelmed at times. I don't know if I really wanna see it again, because all it really did was unsettled and depressed me, but I'd reccomend it.

Eulogy - A lot funnier than I expected it to be, it was straight to video here, which had me feeling a little apprehensive, but within the first 5 minutes, I got into it.
Nice performances all around, and it was good to see Ray Romano in a slightly more adult comedy. The whole film is kind of a sad story - a death in the family, messed up family relationships...etc, but still very funny throughout.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:19 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
They've been doing a horror marathon for like 4 days now! It's awesome except that I own 75% of what they're showing.
I know that is the only channel that has been on, on my tv for the past week 24/7 ! Did anyone see the horror channels they are coming out with ? One launchs on halloween I forget what thats called. Then fangoria is putting one together also.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:51 AM
Evil Dead

Oliver & Company 10 / 10
Old 10-30-2005, 04:07 AM
Banned

Just saw Nightwatch, I'd seen it before, well the first 15 minutes before I realised that the subtitles on my pirated version were little better than random words from the dictionary....saw the rerelease at the cinema, I'd reccomend it. Slightly convoluted plot at times, but overall a good watch. Excellent effects, and the subtitling was very cool, if you haven't yet seen it, you'll know what I mean when you do.
Visually stunning, very good musical score...unusual camera-work.
Highly reccomend seeing it on the big screen if you're able.
Looking foward to the sequel.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Tenant

Me and a buddy and my girlfriend had a little marathon.

Dagon- Had never seen this before. Very...interesting. 2.5/5

The Exorcist- The scariest movie of all time. Although, I must say, after multiple viewings it really loses a lot of shock value. 4.5/5

The Thing- This is one of my all time favorites. I love the atmosphere, and the suspense as the characters are dropped is so good. Great movie every time. 5/5

High Tension- Wow. First viewing, this movie's fucking amazing. The first death scene is soooo cool. Fucked up ending, too. 5/5
Old 10-30-2005, 07:00 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Me and a buddy and my girlfriend had a little marathon.

Dagon- Had never seen this before. Very...interesting. 2.5/5

The Thing- This is one of my all time favorites. I love the atmosphere, and the suspense as the characters are dropped is so good. Great movie every time. 5/5

I LOVE Dagon...what didnt you like about it? VERY atmospheric, weird to the max, great gore [although CRAPPY CGI], and although I havnt read the story it's based on, it really captured a Lovecraftian feel, IMO.

I just watched The Thing myself. Deginatly a great movie, however I felt it suffered from having way to many characters. After a few deaths though, that worked itself out and it became a near flawless movie, IMO. Kurt Russel has got to be one of my favourite actors.