Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-16-2018, 08:11 AM
I am the turtle lord

Mercury is in retrograde. That's always a bitch.

I was going to do something special this year for christmas too. My grandfather has been battling cancer for the past few months now. So it was agreed that we can't exchange gifts this year. So I had money set aside to by a christmas goose and a big dinner, and I was going to buy gifts for everybody.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:19 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. :( My Mom said we are probably going to have to wait until January to do our Christmas. We have no money because we are in the process of moving back to Georgia and my mom has had to spend a lot on getting our old trailer fixed up so that it can be livable when we move back. Plus she isn't working right now.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:45 PM
Banned

Tonight was nice. It didn't go the way I thought it was going to but that's okay. I actually like this woman. I think we are going to see each other again next weekend.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:33 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Tonight was nice. It didn't go the way I thought it was going to but that's okay. I actually like this woman. I think we are going to see each other again next weekend.
That's awesome buddy!
Old 11-17-2018, 05:08 AM
Banned

Thanks man. Apparently her asking me if I would choke her was just a hypothetical question. I guess I just took it as she was asking me to choke her when she came over. She had a shity day yesterday and came over anyway which tells me a lot.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:29 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I was feeling optimistic lately about spirituality and even started believing in the possibility of a higher power and an afterlife. All it took was one narcissist of a Christian with a conceited attitude on life saying, and I quote: "It's impossible for me to go to hell because I believe in Jesus" to shatter all that.

I'm feel so disappointed right now. Now I remember why I refuse to ever convert.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 11-17-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:43 PM
That fucking Guy...

So it's been about 5 weeks since Spal (the wife) started her diet and gym routine after being falsely diagnosed diabetic - it was actually pre-diabetic.

She's been absolutely smashing it.

I've been smashing it too...well, a little less, and only for about 2-3 weeks.

So anyways yesterday we had our cheat day after she got her follow up blood test.
So, throughout the day...
Bought some sweet cake type things.
She bought some chocolate kingston biscuits (I mean sweet ones, like stuffed cookies) she loves.
Tried "Little Caesars" which only just made it's way here to Australia a while ago.
I bought a Big Mac meal.
I also got myself a pack of watermelon flavoured "zappo" which is I guess, kind of taffy?

It's funny the things you get used to, and how your body reacts to things.

First of all I'd like to say Little Caesers, if you compare it to the dominos and pizza huts here? Is actually great.

Appetite. Not great any more.

I had to ditch 90% of the bread on my big mac.

Can't drink soda any more. Tried Pepsi. Tried vanilla coke. Just tastes way too sweet now, and kind of makes me sick in the stomach.

Couldn't eat more than half a zappo candy.

The cakes (eclair type stuff) were nice but yeah sure tasted super sweet and wating more than a few bites was difficult.

Spal can't even eat the biscuits, and she LOVED those things.

In fact...the pizza stuff was the only thing that wasn't offputting.
Nice pizza, great Parmesan breadstick things, and I love how they give you their signature sauce for dipping...the cinnamon thing was a bit much...

Feel like absolute shit today.

So cheat days from now on will be, only one thing we "shouldn't be eating" each, and yeah, soda is out. For good.

Pretty happy about the soda thing, at the same time stupidly, I am disappointed.
I actually liked the idea of enjoying a super cold can of coke...but yeah it just doesn't do shit for me any more.
So from now on it's down to my coffee, tea, lots of water and a juice here and there.

The gym stuff is hard...I'm 37 and have been outta gym for like 2-3 years...but yknow what?

As usual most of the challenge aside from shaking off the rust etc, is psychological. When I'm there I just get on with it. Before going, it sucks.

So I've been going in the mornings before work which was another hurdle to get used to but it really shows that the body is so much more capable of change, and physical activity than the mind would have us believe.
I'm actually used to it now.

So. Feeling proud. More of Spal than of myself...
I haven't stepped on a scale since my return, but she's lost 3-4 kilos, and that's with a previously fractured back. She's so strong to stay the course and be as disciplined as she has been.

We're both feeling less bloated, more energetic, just "better", she's looking more trim and posture is improved...dunno about myself.
I'm just focusing on moving forward without any kind of aesthetics or numbers coming into play until I know the result will be more encouraging.

So yeah we're both at it again, not giving up...it's still not the best fun...but it is what it is, and we're better for it.

Picked up an air roaster/fryer yesterday. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:21 PM
Banned

You will have to give us an update on that air fryer cheebs. I don't really know Much about them.

How did you like Little Caesars? They are fucking awesome here in the states.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:47 PM
That fucking Guy...

Will do.

As a franchise, I'd put them above the Dominos and Pizza Huts we have here in terms of quality, base integrity/give, and sauce.
...Gotta love that they give out packets of chilli flakes too...
Old 11-17-2018, 05:39 PM
Banned

Pretty much everywhere has the packs of red pepper here. Don't get me wrong, I love Domino's. I think their boneless chicken is the tits but yes there is something about Little Caesars that is special. About 25 years ago we got a Little Caesars back home and in those days when you ordered a pizza they gave you two pizzas for the price of one. For the longest time they put them in a single box as well. They were about two and a half feet in length and I actually found one that my mother had put away for some reason back in the day. I kind of remember it. They were having some kind of football promotion going on and the top of the box was a football field. I'm not quite sure why my mother kept that all these years but when I was cleaning out some of her things last year in her old China cabinet I came across it.

There is a pizza place here in Vegas called Boston Pizza and it's down on the strip near the stratosphere. They have the most amazing and delicious pizza I have ever had and I have had pizza all over the place.