Old 06-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
after you finish it, pick up The Time Machine :)
Oh I already picked it up along with The Island of Dr. Moreau and one other but the title escapes me at the moment and I am too lazy to go check it. Anyway, the only Wells that I had read previously was The Invisible Man.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:43 AM
dead delilah

Send a message via AIM to novadawn969 Send a message via MSN to novadawn969 Send a message via Yahoo to novadawn969
Re: "War of the Worlds"

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
I'll probably get ripped on for this, but I'm in the middle of reading H.G. Wells's "War of the Worlds" in time for the new movie. The book is very, very good. I really like it, and I really hope Spielberg doesn't butcher the storyline, because it's a modern setting. Feedback?

I liked the movie. saw it today... well most of it. lol. it was funny. i think ill like the book better. I'll read it, so don't fret. I read alot. any other book suggestions would be nice. I need a life.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:53 AM
Hellraiser

Re: Re: "War of the Worlds"

Quote:
I read alot. any other book suggestions would be nice. I need a life.
If you like War of the Worlds, you'll like Dan Simmons's Hyperion series.

Apart from that, I'm looking forward to David Morrell's Creepers coming in September.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:06 AM
dead delilah

Send a message via AIM to novadawn969 Send a message via MSN to novadawn969 Send a message via Yahoo to novadawn969
thanks. oh, and i read every kind of books emaginable.. well i did starting when i lost my social life. lol. that was only 9 or 10 months ago. It all started... yeah right, like I'd tell you. any who.

any demented suggestions with lots of odd balls would be nice too. yay! :D
Old 07-02-2005, 08:10 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by tom-tom
The full novel isn't that long! How big's the condensed version?
It's part of a series call Great Ilutrated Claasics. They're for kids and people who want to read a book but are too lazy to read the real thing. War of the World was 238 pages, but there are ALOT of ilustrations...lets about about 125 written pages.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
It's part of a series call Great Ilutrated Claasics. They're for kids and people who want to read a book but are too lazy to read the real thing. War of the World was 238 pages, but there are ALOT of ilustrations...lets about about 125 written pages.

I remember those. That is how I read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the first time when I was ten, I think.....I did eventually read the original version however.:D
Old 07-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by jenna26
I remember those. That is how I read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the first time when I was ten, I think.....I did eventually read the original version however.:D
That's another great book (The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson). Not too long, either.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:36 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by jenna26
Ive read alot of them...

War of the Worlds
Jekyl and Hyde
Dracula
The Invisible Man
The Time Machinre
King Soloman's Mines
Black Beauty
Ivanhoe
Mutiny on the Bounty

Shoot me, Im lazy:p
Old 07-04-2005, 12:59 AM
dead delilah

Quote:

haha. I read great expectations. I was like 8. wow... good times. :D I think I still have it too. haha.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Ive read alot of them...

War of the Worlds
Jekyl and Hyde
Dracula
The Invisible Man
The Time Machinre
King Soloman's Mines
Black Beauty
Ivanhoe
Mutiny on the Bounty

Shoot me, Im lazy:p
Ivanhoe? Wish I would have known that was one before I read it....I might have to read this version instead.

For some reason, I didn't read that book so much as suffered it. Not that it isn't a great book, I just couldn't get into it. But I refused to give up, so I did finish it.